Electronics Design Manager
Line Management of the Electronics Engineering team.
Project and Resource management. Manage the deployment of your team, within the various project areas.
Electronics hardware design background, this is a technically hands off role but you will need to have come up in an Electronics Engineering environment and ideally be capable of conducting Design reviews.
Electronics process development. Processes need to be developed and there is opportunity to help with this so any experience of processes for requirements engineering, design capturing, configuration management, verification and validation and safety related aspects would be beneficial.
Software tool evaluation and configuration. A number of software tools are being evaluated to aid the engineering and project management of the tasks. Knowledge of relevant tools, how to evaluate them and an ability to define their configuration for consistent use would be useful.
• Experience of line management
• Degree level qualification in an electronics engineering subject
• Several years experience of detailed electronics hardware specification, design, verification and qualification.
• Several years experience of playing a lead role in a team of engineers and managers.
• Experience of project management
• Experience of delivering electronics hardware to a high quality processes.
• Experience and knowledge of working within a quality management systems such as ISO9001 or equivalent.
• Experience of technical management of suppliers, including auditing.