• Support design and development with numerical approaches, model analysis and testing of specific areas of the thermal solution.
• Provide design advice and guidance to Design Managers and Engineers, taking on a role of responsibility for the assigned area from early concept stage.
• Generate innovative concepts for new technologies using analytical techniques.
• Conduct detailed testing and theoretical analysis of concepts to increase understanding and insight within the team.
• Develop test methodology and procedures with support of test team using current facilities and help to define and specify further equipment requirements.
• Liaise with the test team to plan and perform experimental validations, comparing post-processed results with simulations and make informed design recommendations.
• Generation of proposals and reports.
What You Will Need:
• An excellent/Master’s degree in Thermodynamics, Fluid Dynamics, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with focus on thermal aspects desirable (other relevant engineering disciplines will be considered).
• Experience of Thermal analysis, development and test.
• Excellent fundamental understanding of thermodynamics and fluid dynamics principles.
• Proven experience modelling thermal system interactions using simulation packages (1D system modelling, ANSYS FEA and CFD or similar, Excel/VB).
• Ability to work within a cross-functional team and take a guiding role relating to thermal solutions development and problem solving to ensure delivery of robust production capable solutions.
• A good working knowledge of MS Office.
• Ability to communicate complex technical issues in an appropriate, concise and accurate fashion, both in writing and verbally.
• Be able to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams in an often high-pressure, competitive environment.
• Self-starter - ability to work independently and take on new challenges readily.
• Excellent team-working skills.