Account Executive - Bed, Bath & Beyond
Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
The Account Executive will plan, execute and maximize comprehensive, strategic business plans for accounts in their designated territories, resulting in the delivery of sales and profit growth of existing and new Dyson product.
Dyson is a global technology company. Using a desire to make things work better as a catalyst for invention, our team of 3,000 engineers and scientists are passionate about developing technology that solves the problems others often ignore. From the world’s first bagless vacuum cleaner, to hand dryers that use 420mph sheets of air to remove moisture from hands, to a completely re-thought hair dryer with its motor in the handle, we are relentless about engineering better solutions. Dyson spends $8.8million a week on research and development and works with more than 40 universities worldwide to develop early-stage technologies.
Dyson launched in the US in 2002, with the DC07 vacuum cleaner. Within 2 years, it was market share leader. Now, the US team is nearly 1,000 strong, with offices in Chicago, IL; Aurora, IL; San Francisco, CA; and Dyson people around the entire country. And we are still growing. Dyson US is poised to double its footprint, and take on new categories. Already a target for our competitors, challenging times are ahead. And our battle-hungry US team is fired up.
- Assist the National Account Manager with building and executing strategic business plans with assigned account(s)
- Collaborate with accounts to maximize both distribution and promotional strategy.
- Analyze account sales trends to identify growth opportunities / risks and recommended solutions identify and implement sales opportunities
- Perform analysis to calculate incremental lift and quantify ROI
- Achieve sales, profit and inventory goals
- Develop and grow account by aligning with Dyson strategies
- Assist with forecasting at the account and product level as required
- Review sales/receipt plans with internal and external demand planning teams and make recommendations on adjustments
- Manage funds and resources for the best return on investment; analyze data and implement high quality solutions and actions to drive business proactively with customer or team
- Seek consensus and approval from internal stakeholders for proposed plans
- Monitor retailer sales and inventories; assess risks and opportunities; communicate and implement best profit and high customer satisfaction solutions
- Point person between field and account supporting demo program
- Assist with implementation of in store merchandising
- Manage monthly updates in BPT
- Reconcile A/R issues
- Manage new item set up for retail partners
- Manage product requests as needed
- Seek out decision makers and influencers create positive working relationships across all levels of the business. Working to create better processes and efficiencies that benefit the overall business.
- Accountability for all business processes related to the position, for example: trade marketing, brand marketing, BPT (financial reporting tool) PR, field, legal, engineering, ecommerce marketing, IT, accounts receivable, customer service, and all related paperwork.
- Must show strong channel management and marketing’s skills with the ability to orchestrate and execute all sales, brand, trade and account activities.
- Challenge the status quo so that creativity and invention are encouraged; take risks and be accountable for your actions
- Partner with demonstration team to exploit event opportunities
- Develop and execute key sell through activities with accounts
- Align and develop strategies with retailers to best drive awareness and sell thru based on retailer driven initiatives
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Think creatively and identify opportunities to challenge and deliver excellence
- Identify problems and find solutions
- Conduct regular sales meeting as required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; will consider equivalent experience with absence of degree
- Prior training experience for multiple individuals preferred
- Prior experience driving a growing program with successful results
- 1-2 years in a sales/account management capacity required
- Experience in a retail environment preferred
- Ability to work weekends as needed
- Depending on geographic requirements, ability to travel up to 60%, including overnights
- Ability to understand the Dyson brand and uphold its integrity
- Strong communication, presentation and training skills
- Self starter with strong organization and planning skills
- Excellent persuasion and conversational selling skills
- Ability to develop strong business relationships and build rapport with customers
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- An innovative thinker who enjoys learning and solving problems
- Objective, enthusiastic, committed and flexible
- Good understanding of retail business and strategies
- Regularly lift, push, and pull (potentially overhead) up to 30lbs; occasionally up to 60lbs
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch and climb ladders
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to email@example.com or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer.