Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
The Account Manager will help plan, execute and maximize comprehensive, strategic business plans for Costco, resulting in the delivery of sales and profit growth of existing and new Dyson products.
Dyson is a global technology company. Using a desire to make things work better as a catalyst for invention, our team of 3,000 engineers and scientists are passionate about developing technology that solves the problems others often ignore. From the world’s first bagless vacuum cleaner, to hand dryers that use 420mph sheets of air to remove moisture from hands, to a completely re-thought hair dryer with its motor in the handle, we are relentless about engineering better solutions. Dyson spends $8.8million a week on research and development and works with more than 40 universities worldwide to develop early-stage technologies.
Dyson launched in the US in 2002, with the DC07 vacuum cleaner. Within 2 years, it was market share leader. Now, the US team is nearly 1,000 strong, with offices in Chicago, IL; Aurora, IL; San Francisco, CA; and Dyson people around the entire country. And we are still growing. Dyson US is poised to double its footprint, and take on new categories. Already a target for our competitors, challenging times are ahead. And our battle-hungry US team is fired up.
Achieve sales, profit and inventory goals.
· Deliver assigned budgets on monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
· Develop strategic plans for channels, retailers, and products to achieve the agreed plan
· Forecast at the account and product level as required
· Manage funds and resources for the best return on investment; analyze data and implement high quality solutions and actions to drive business proactively with customer or team
· Seek consensus and approval from internal stakeholders for proposed plans; negotiate with accounts to achieve company's best position
· Monitor retailer sales and inventories; assess risks and opportunities; communicate and implement best profit and high customer satisfaction solutions
Develop and manage relationships and processes with internal business partners.
· Seek out decision makers and influencers. Create positive working relationships across all levels of the business
· Accountability for all business processes related to the position, for example accounts receivable, legal, customer service, and all related administrative due diligence
Plan, develop, and manage relationships with retailers, current and new.
· Represent Dyson to the trade; demonstrate exemplary execution of Dyson values with business partners and emerging businesses
· Seek out decision makers and influencers, to best manage the business. Create positive working relationships across all levels of their organizations
· Comprehensive knowledge of customers and channels; ability to communicate that knowledge, serving as the voice of the customer internally
· Execute plans regarding distribution, merchandising, pricing, and product placement including negotiating contracts and various programs with customers
· Develop new customers and business channels as needed
· Identify opportunities and related risks; assess situation and propose action
Contribute to the US Sales team.
· Serve as an active and high performing member of the team
· Partner with other team members to support new opportunities as they arise
· Be able to challenge self and others in accepting the norm, while working towards best practices
Fulfill other duties as necessary.
· Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
· Think outside of the box, identifying opportunities for improvement
· Identify problems and find solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree required; concentration in business or related field preferred
- 5+ years’ experience account sales and account management
- Diverse experience supporting sales, operations, trade marketing, category management, and financial analysis required
- Proven track record of budget/quota delivery
- Demonstrate the ability to penetrate the appropriate customer, customer team, and internal functions to achieve maximum results on sales objectives
- Ability to think strategically and develop long-term plans for channels, retailers, and products
- Ability to provide insights to POS trends within account base
- Proven negotiation and closing skills, both at the account and product sales levels
- Good customer and cross functional interface capabilities
- Excellent presentation and influence skills
- Excellent math and analytical skills
- P&L proficiency and ability to optimize return on investment
- Ability to accurately forecast demand
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook; advanced proficiency in Excel
- Objective, enthusiastic, committed, flexible, diligent, conscientious
- Full driver’s license with good driving record
- 50 lbs
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to email@example.com or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer.