Account Manager- Direct Sales
Salary is based on experience and credentials.
The Account Manager – Direct Sales will plan, execute and maximize comprehensive strategic business plans for the direct business, resulting in the delivery of sales and profit growth of existing and new Dyson products and categories.
Our Direct Sales team epitomizes the entrepreneurial spirit that has defined Dyson since day one: ambitious, commercially savvy, and strategically agile implementing the most profitable long term business plans and driving innovative ways to put our technology into more hands. While our retail sales team works with some of the world’s biggest retailers, direct sales channel is the fastest growing and largest portion of our consumer business. It requires managing multiple networks of Dyson people. It takes ownership, courage and being constantly driven to see clearer solutions to drive better sales.
Achieve sales, profit and inventory goals.
·Deliver assigned budgets on monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
·Develop strategic plans for the direct business across multiple platforms with product within the Dyson portfolio to achieve the agreed plan
· Forecast at the product level on an annual and weekly basis in line with Business Planning guidelines
· Seek consensus and approval from internal stakeholders for proposed plans, including but not limited to consistent interaction with Senior Management
· Monitor sales; assess risks and opportunities; communicate and implement best profit and high customer satisfaction solutions
Develop and manage relationships and processes with internal and external business partners.
· Seek out decision makers and influencers across a variety of cross functional areas. Create positive working relationships across all levels of the business
· Accountable for all business processes related to the position, for example finance, legal, customer service, and all related administrative due diligence
· Comprehensive knowledge of the all Direct Sales Channels; ability to communicate direct sales knowledge, serving as the voice of the direct team internally when called upon
· Identify opportunities and related risks; assess situation and propose action
Partner with external partners to manage the sales relationship for our professional person care line
Contribute to the US Direct Sales team.
· Serve as an active and high performing member of the team
· Partner with other team members to support new opportunities as they arise
· Be able to challenge self and others in accepting the norm, while working towards best practices
· Special projects as assigned by Senior National Account Manager or VP of Direct and Digital
Fulfill other duties as necessary.
· Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
· Think outside of the box, identifying opportunities for improvement
· Identify problems and find solutions
- Full driver’s license with good driving record
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to stand for up to 8 hours at a time
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Bachelor’s Degree required; concentration in business or related field preferred
- Minimum of 5 years experience sales, account management, or sales forecasting preferred
- Diverse experience supporting sales, operations, trade marketing, category management, and financial analysis required
- Proven track record of budget/quota delivery
- Demonstrated the ability to work with the appropriate internal functions to achieve maximum results on sales objectives
- Ability to think strategically and develop long-term plans for channels and products
- Ability to provide insights to POS trends within account base
- Proven negotiation and closing skills, both at the account and product sales levels
- Excellent presentation and influence skills
- Excellent math and analytical skills
- P&L proficiency and ability to optimize return on investment
- Excellent ability to accurately forecast demand
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, and Outlook; advanced proficiency in Excel (must have experience with macros, v-look ups, pivot tables etc.)
- Objective, enthusiastic, committed, flexible, diligent, conscientious, and responsible
Dyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call(312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities