Account Manager - Macy's & Kohls
Starting salary will be determined based on experience and credentials.
The Account Manager – Macy's & Kohls will plan, execute and maximize comprehensive, strategic business plans for both these retail accounts, resulting in the delivery of sales and profit growth of existing and new Dyson products and categories.
Achieve sales, profit and inventory goals.
· Deliver assigned budgets on monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
· Develop strategic plans for both Macy’s and Kohls across a store base of over 1,800 stores and e-commerce platforms with products within the Dyson portfolio to achieve the agreed plan with the retailer’s merchant team
· Forecast at the retailer and product level on an annual and weekly basis in line with Integrated Business Planning guidelines
· Plan and manage trade funds and company resources for the best return on investment or most efficient use; analyze data to gain key insights that lead to the implementation of high quality, customer/ shopper focused solutions that drive the business
· Seek consensus and approval from internal stakeholders for proposed plans, including but not limited to consistent interaction with Senior Management
· Monitor retailer sales and inventories; assess risks and opportunities; communicate and implement best profit and high customer satisfaction solutions
Develop and manage relationships and processes with internal business partners.
· Seek out decision makers and influencers across a variety of cross functional areas. Create positive working relationships across all levels of the business
· Accountable for all business processes related to the position, for example accounts receivable, legal, customer service, and all related administrative due diligence
· Plan, develop, and manage relationships with various retailer stakeholders representing Dyson at Corporate Headquarters and at retail stores; demonstrate exemplary execution of Dyson values with business partners
· Seek out decision makers and influencers to best manage and grow the business. Create positive working relationships horizontally and vertically across the retailer’s organization
· Comprehensive knowledge of the Department Store Channel; ability to communicate retailer knowledge, serving as the voice of the customer internally
· Execute plans regarding distribution, shelving, merchandising, and promotion including negotiating contracts and various programs across retail and digital channels
· Identify opportunities and related risks; assess situation and propose action
Contribute to the US Sales team.
· Serve as an active and high performing member of the team
· Partner with other team members to support new opportunities as they arise
· Be able to challenge self and others in accepting the norm, while working towards best practices
· Special projects as assigned by Senior National Account Manager or Vice President - Sales
Fulfill other duties as necessary.
· Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
· Think outside of the box, identifying opportunities for improvement
· Identify problems and find solutions
- Full driver’s license with good driving record
- 50 lbs
- Bachelor’s Degree required; concentration in business or related field preferred
- 2+ years’ experience account sales and account management
- Diverse experience supporting sales, operations, trade marketing, category management, and financial analysis required
- Proven track record of budget/quota delivery
- Demonstrated the ability to penetrate the appropriate customer, customer team, and internal functions to achieve maximum results on sales objectives
- Ability to think strategically and develop long-term plans for channels, retailers, and products
- Ability to provide insights to POS trends within account base
- Proven negotiation and closing skills, both at the account and product sales levels
- Good customer and cross functional interface capabilities
- Excellent presentation and influence skills
- Excellent math and analytical skills
- P&L proficiency and ability to optimize return on investment
- Ability to accurately forecast demand
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, and Outlook; advanced proficiency in Excel
- Objective, enthusiastic, committed, flexible, diligent, conscientious
Dyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call(312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities