Account Manager - New Business
Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
The role of the New Business Account Manager is to gain increased distribution of our products. This increased distribution is to enable greater exposure to our core consumer, while enabling key brand and product objectives.
Dyson is a global technology company. Using a desire to make things work better as a catalyst for invention, our team of 3,000 engineers and scientists are passionate about developing technology that solves the problems others often ignore. From the world’s first bagless vacuum cleaner, to hand dryers that use 420mph sheets of air to remove moisture from hands, to a completely re-thought hair dryer with its motor in the handle, we are relentless about engineering better solutions. Dyson spends $8.8million a week on research and development and works with more than 40 universities worldwide to develop early-stage technologies.
Dyson launched in the US in 2002, with the DC07 vacuum cleaner. Within 2 years, it was market share leader. Now, the US team is nearly 1,000 strong, with offices in Chicago, IL; Aurora, IL; San Francisco, CA; and Dyson people around the entire country. And we are still growing. Dyson US is poised to double its footprint, and take on new categories. Already a target for our competitors, challenging times are ahead. And our battle-hungry US team is fired up.
- Work with the brand team to establish core rationale and objectives, then define, prioritize and scope the right customers to focus on.
- Establish and create the appropriate contacts to enable an informed and appropriate pitch to these businesses.
- Curate the right mix of persistence, networking, relationships and customer focus to establish new distribution.
- Create a compelling story that enables both businesses objectives by understanding the joint objectives of both Dyson and the customer.
- Understand how our products and categories fit and contribute to the customer, and establish and execute the right ‘hygiene’ factors to deliver this specifically for the customer.
- Work the brand and public relations team to help curate and increase awareness, desire and interest for the key focus segments and customers.
- Understand the economics of gaining and sustaining the new customer and distribution – inclusive of margins, ranging, forecasting, warehousing, promotions, events, cost of advertising and presence/awareness building, payment terms and placement costs.
- Scope and ensure the business understands the total supply chain.
- Recommend and execute final terms negotiation.
- Implement a transition plan to move the account within the existing account team structure.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5+ years’ experience account sales and account management
- Diverse experience supporting sales, operations, trade marketing, category management, and financial analysis required
- Proven track record of budget/quota delivery
- Shown a history of starting things from scratch
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up 50 lbs
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Demonstrate the ability to penetrate the appropriate customer, customer team, and internal functions to achieve maximum results on sales objectives
- Proven negotiation and closing skills, both at the account and product sales levels
- Excellent presentation and influence skills
- P&L proficiency and ability to optimize return on investment
- Ability to accurately forecast demand
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook; advanced proficiency in Excel
- Proven self-starter
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to email@example.com or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer.