Account Manager - Walmart & Sam's Club
Starting salary will be determined based on experience and credentials.
Chicago, IL or Bentonville, AR
Dyson landed in the US
in 2002 and within 24 months our technology was market share leader. Our
bustling HQ is based in the historic Montgomery Ward Building, overlooking the
Chicago River. Just west of the city in Aurora, our dedicated US Customer Care
team now numbers 160 people. And in total, there are over 600 Dyson people
working across the US in multiple functions.
But Dyson US is still growing. It’s poised to double its footprint and take on new categories. Already a target for our competitors, challenging times are ahead. And our battle-hungry US team are truly fired up.
Our Retail Sales teams epitomize the entrepreneurial spirit that has defined Dyson since day one: ambitious, commercially savvy, and strategically agile. We work with some of the world’s biggest retailers, implementing the most profitable long term business plans and driving innovative ways to put our technology into more hands. It requires managing multiple networks of Dyson people. And overseeing many different retail areas - from instore fixtures to online activation. It takes ownership, courage and tough negotiations. Being constantly driven to see clearer solutions and drive better sales
Achieve sales, profit and inventory goals.
- Deliver assigned budgets on monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
- Develop strategic plans for channels, retailers, and products to achieve the agreed plan
- Forecast at the account and product level as required
- Manage funds and resources for the best return on investment; analyze data and implement high quality solutions and actions to drive business proactively with customer or team
- Seek consensus and approval from internal stakeholders for proposed plans; negotiate with accounts to achieve company's best position
- Monitor retailer sales and inventories; assess risks and opportunities; communicate and implement best profit and high customer satisfaction solutions
- Activate the Dyson brand on retailer website
Develop and manage relationships and processes with internal business partners.
- Seek out decision makers and influencers. Create positive working relationships across all levels of the business
- Accountability for all business processes related to the position, for example accounts receivable, legal, customer service, and all related administrative due diligence
- Represent Dyson to the trade; demonstrate exemplary execution of Dyson values with business partners and emerging businesses
- Seek out decision makers and influencers, to best manage the business. Create positive working relationships across all levels of their organizations
- Comprehensive knowledge of customers and channels; ability to communicate that knowledge, serving as the voice of the customer internally
- Execute plans regarding distribution, merchandising, pricing, and product placement including negotiating contracts and various programs with customers
- Serve as an active and high performing member of the team
- Partner with other team members to support new opportunities as they arise
- Be able to challenge self and others in accepting the norm, while working towards best practices
Plan, develop, and manage relationships with retailers, current and new.
Contribute to the US Sales team.
Fulfill other duties as necessary.
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Think outside of the box, identifying opportunities for improvement
- Identify problems and find solutions
- Full driver’s license with good driving record
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up 50 lbs
- Ability to travel up to 50% depending on location
Bachelor’s Degree required; concentration in business or related field preferred
2+ years of experience in account sales and account management
Diverse experience supporting sales, operations, trade marketing, category management, and financial analysis required. Direct experience with Walmart preferred.
Proven track record of budget/quota delivery
Demonstrate the ability to penetrate the appropriate customer, customer team, and internal functions to achieve maximum results on sales objectives
Ability to think strategically and develop long-term plans for channels, retailers, and products
Ability to provide insights to sell-through and business trends
Proven negotiation and closing skills, both at the account and product sales levels preferred
Good customer and cross functional interface capabilities
Excellent presentation and influence skills
Excellent math and analytical skills
P&L proficiency and ability to optimize return on investment
Ability to accurately forecast demand
Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook; advanced proficiency in Excel
Dyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to email@example.com or call(312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities