Competitive Base + Bonus
The Account Manager will plan, execute and maximize comprehensive, strategic business plans for Regional and Independent accounts in their designated territories, resulting in the delivery of sales and profit growth of existing and new Dyson product.
Manage a territory of regional and independent retail accounts
· Build and execute strategic business plans with assigned accounts
· Identify and implement sales opportunities for each store
· Achieve sales, profit and inventory goals.
· Develop and grow territories by signing new business and aligning Dyson with the appropriate accounts.
· Deliver assigned budgets on monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
· Develop strategic plans for channels, retailers, and products to achieve the agreed plan
· Forecast at the account and product level as required
· Manage funds and resources for the best return on investment; analyze data and implement high quality solutions and actions to drive business proactively with customer or team
· Seek consensus and approval from internal stakeholders for proposed plans; negotiate with accounts to achieve company's best position
· Monitor retailer sales and inventories; assess risks and opportunities; communicate and implement best profit and high customer satisfaction solutions
· Implement negotiated account contracts
· Develop new customers and business channels as needed
Develop and manage relationships and processes with internal business partners.
· Seek out decision makers and influencers create positive working relationships across all levels of the business. Working to create better processes and efficiencies that benefit the overall business.
· Accountability for all business processes related to the position, for example: trade marketing, brand marketing, Dyson on air host, production team, PR, field, legal, engineering, ecommerce marketing, IT, accounts receivable, customer service, and all related paperwork.
· Orchestrate and execute all sales, brand, trade and account activities.
· Challenge the status quo so that creativity and invention are encouraged; take risks and be accountable for your actions
· Evaluate competitor activity and communicate to manager.
· Partner with demonstration/trainingn team to exploit event opportunities
· Develop and execute key sell through activities with accounts
· Align and develop strategies with retailers to best drive awareness and sell thru based on retailer driven initiatives
Fulfill other duties as required
· Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
· Think creatively and identify opportunities to challenge and deliver excellence
· Identify problems and find solutions
· Conduct regular sales meeting as required
· Regularly lift, push, and pull (potentially overhead) up to 30lbs; occasionally up to 60lbs
· Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch and climb ladders
· Full drivers’ license with good driving record
Experience and Education
· HS Diploma or GED required
· 2 years in a sales/account management capacity required
· Experience in a retail environment preferred
· Ability to work weekends as needed
Depending on geographic requirements, ability to travel up to 75%, including overnights
· Ability to understand the Dyson brand and uphold its integrity
· Strong communication, presentation and training skills
· Self starter with strong organization and planning skills
· Excellent persuasion and conversational selling skills
· Ability to develop strong business relationships and build rapport with customers
· Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
· Attention to detail and accuracy
· An innovative thinker who enjoys learning and solving problems
· Objective, enthusiastic, committed and flexible
Good understanding of retail business and strategies
· Explorer – Passion for the technology, and hunger to develop successful customer team
· Shrewd – Making the right decisions
· Fighter – Getting the best results
Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities