Competitive Salary + Bonus, 27 days holiday, Pension, Onsite Gym
An opportunity has arisen within Dyson Group Finance for an Accounts Assistant to support the Central Functions Reporting team with their day to day activity supporting the business.
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Nearly 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. In 2017, our HQ will double its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
The role will be responsible for management accounting support for key Group Overhead functions including maintaining business area monthly and annual reporting cycles and forecasts, running and maintaining key reports for business areas to help decision-making, overseeing the monthly reporting cycle and transactions.
- To ensure global recharges and automated recharge cycles are accurately and timely managed
- Review of monthly commitments and preparations of monthly accruals and prepayments reconciliations including timely follow up on any queries
- Provide balance sheet reconciliations to Head of Central Functions Reporting
- Manage the SharePoint site which is the key interaction with the business areas
- Manage monthly task list and meeting schedule with Cost Centre owners
- Run monthly reports for review meetings with Business Area Heads
- Run monthly PO compliance reports and liaise with business to understand reasons for non-compliance
- Develop KPI reporting and analysis.
- Assist colleagues on current project of process improvement.
- Challenge current ways of working, driving efficiencies and cost savings wherever possible and to help set best practice across the Dyson organisation.
- Assist with year-end audit.
- Provide support to line manager and Head of Central Functions Reporting as required.
- Be the central point of contact for Family Office ensuring trading accounts are kept to a minimum balance
- Be dependent on your resourcefulness and ability to influence and partner with different areas of Finance
- Self-starter with strong organisational skills
- Proactive and strong communication skills, happy to interact with all levels of the business
- Solid accounting skills, diligent and accurate.
- Solid spread sheet skills, including being comfortable with tables
- Accounting software experience including posting journals and running accounting transactions
- Understands reconciliations and how to present financial data
- Good analytical ability with a good attention to detail.
- A team player with a positive, ‘will do’ attitude and the ability to be flexible yet have a disciplined approach.
- Mature and robust personality.
- Good time management skills, ability to prioritise workload and ability to work to strict reporting deadlines.
- Experience within a financial planning and analysis or management accounts environment
- SAP experience