Accounts Payable Clerk (6 month FTC)
£21,000 - £23,000 + benefits
The Accounts Payable Clerk within the AP Payments team is a key role in Finance Centre of Excellence (FCoE) to manage all aspects of efficient and accurate processing of payment processes to achieve SLA targets.
This is a fixed term contract for 6 months.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Nearly 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. Last year our HQ doubled its footprint with an ambitious new expansion and phase 1 of the Hullavington development is nearing completion...
Our Financial Accounting function provides the foundation for Dyson’s global commercial success. Creating and monitoring a framework of systems, processes and reporting that defines how we operate financially. The team forms a vital backbone of Dyson – encompassing our inventory, accounts payable and receivable, planning and analysis, and statutory reporting and consolidation. Delivering rapid performance insights and forecasting to help us stay ahead of the competition. And, in an organisation that doesn’t stand still, the team’s work is a growing challenge of ever-evolving numbers.
- To process payment runs within agreed SLA
- Liaise with relevant internal departments for cash flow purposes.
- Maintain and coordinate payment run rota, booking approvers where necessary
- Identifying payment rejection issue and liaising with either team member or bank contact
- Payment run pre-checks
- Evaluate tasks and processes and contribute to continuous improvements
- To provide cover for other team members when required.
- Understanding of critical deadlines and wider business impact
- Knowledge of company policy regarding payment approval
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Strong team player
- Good communication skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail when processing
- Ability to prioritise work and work towards deadlines
• 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays