Accounts Payable Manager – SEA Shared Services
Dyson began twenty one years ago with James Dyson and a handful of engineers questioning everyday products, thinking differently and making them better. We are now the world's number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer in the UK, US, Japan, Europe and Australasia.
We've even branched out to improving commercial technology that frustrates us. The Dyson Airblade hand dryer dries hands in ten seconds, it’s also the most hygienic and energy efficient hand dryer available. And more recently a fan, Air Multiplier, with no blades or grille.
There are over 6000 of us in the world and we’re all inventive and hugely passionate about what we do. At our Development Centre in Johor Bahru, Malaysia & Singapore there are almost 1600 of us, a mixture of engineers and support staff, we are Dyson people that are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. Our teams there will rise to more than 2000 over the next 2 years.
• Manage and lead a team of 7 AP staffs to support SEA Shared Services.
• Ensure that the process tasks are executed within the set controls procedures of the group.
• Drive productivity amongst the relevant AP team.
• Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders including site staff and suppliers
• Ensure all nominated general ledgers are reconciled and reported within reporting guidelines during month end.
• Measure, monitor, and publish KPI’s/dashboards related to the team’s process area
• Drive Account Payable aging
• Involve in SAP migration, data cleansing activity and data ownership transfer.
• Identify and implement process improvement based on best practice of shared services.
• Mentor, coach and develop team members and support workplace learning
• Work closely with other Shared Service Team, Accounting staff and Managers
•A degree in accountancy/finance with a minimum of 8 years related experience preferably with 3 years managerial experience in Shared Services set up.
•Good command of Accounting knowledge.
•Strong communication skills, both written and verbal in English.
•The ability to understand, listen and build business / function relationships.
•Demonstrate leadership across the organization and within the team.
•Proactive, goal oriented with excellent attention to detail
•Recognize and communicate in a timely manner with relevant stakeholders regarding changes to processes or business interruptions that may impact on their area.
•Extract and analyze data, and summarize findings, including making recommendations based on findings.
•Manage staff/resources of the team; set priorities and plan workload to meet deadlines and achieve the objectives of the department.
•Ensure new employees under your supervision receive adequate instruction and support to successfully complete the new employee orientation program within the specified time frame.
•Ensure employees under your supervision receive appropriate training and have the necessary competencies to perform the functions required in their role through the development and application of annual training plans with their current or new role.
•Increase staff motivation and morale through effective performance appraisal and career development by training, coaching, providing feedback and integrating reward systems.
•Responsible for the monitoring and leading an assigned AP team.
•Ensure understanding and compliance of company policies and procedure and approval matrix
•Ensure accuracy and completeness of AP data and timely and accurate payment.
•Responsible for updating and review vendor maintenance
•Develop, document and implement new processes to adapt to changes on business environment
•Research and problem solving skills
•Knowledge of Microsoft Office
•SAP knowledge will be an added advantage.