Accounts Receivable Deductions Analyst - 1 Year Contract
Competitive salary + bonus
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Accounts Receivable & Deduction Analyst role provides analytical expertise in managing customer portfolios, ensuring deductions are identified and resolved in a timely fashion established within Dyson guidelines. The position ensures collection of AR & sales order release from credit blocks. This role is responsible for developing, supporting, and reporting key performance indicators as well as supporting the development and execution of Dyson strategies, projects, and initiatives.
Dyson is a global technology company. Using a desire to make things work better as a catalyst for invention, our team of 3,000 engineers and scientists are passionate about developing technology that solves the problems others often ignore. Our Dyson Professional technology offerings include hand dryers, lighting, air purifiers, and hair dryers.
Dyson is about solving problems that others seem to ignore. And we’re just getting started. You could be part of it!
Specifically, you will -
· Accurately identify, validate, and clear customer deductions according to established business processes and timelines
· Acquire deductions backup to process credit requests in a timely manner and in accordance with established departmental and company procedures
· Work with National Account Managers, logistics team & customers to ensure all invalid deductions are resolved or repaid within 90 days
· Ensure that all credits are approved in accordance with established authorization levels.
· Ensure that all “approved credits” are properly documented so as to ensure that duplicate credits are not issued
· Process & post credit card transactions on daily basis
· Work closely with the Accounting Assistant to resolve unidentified cash receipts
· Measure payment performance of customer(s) within Dyson terms of sale & Days Sales Outstanding (DSO)
· Perform prompt collection of past due receivables
· Communicate with both internal and external customers in resolving outstanding credit requests in a timely manner.
· Process ad hoc requests by Management as required
You will be located in downtown Toronto, just a few blocks from the CN Tower and steps away from some of the world's best venues, restaurants, shops, and the underground path.
A dynamic, enthusiastic and collaborative professional who -
· Has a minimum of 2 years’ experience in an accounts receivable role
· Has a university degree, with an accounting or finance concentration
· Has strong analytical skills including intermediate to advanced MS Excel; preferably has experience using SAP or other similar ERP system (Experience with Concur Expense system also an asset)
· Is able to assess and promptly resolve problems
· Is able to demonstrate flexibility with job duties and scope of work
· Has the courage to explore new ideas and ways of thinking, take calculated risks, and diplomatically challenge the norm
· Works well in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, and finds process improvements and efficiencies
· Has good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
· Has excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills and can build strong relationships across the organization
· Pursuing a Professional designation (CA, CMA or CGA) would be an asset