Acoustic and Vibration Technician
To assist development such that Dyson new products satisfy the targeted performance specification
In 2000, Dyson moved production from Malmesbury to Malaysia to be closer to our supply chains and open up international growth. The small team of 10 has now grown to almost 1,200 – forming Dyson’s second biggest global hub. Located in the exhilarating industrial heart of Johor, it’s also home to RDD, IT, operations, finance, creative and HR.
The RDD facility is central to our plans to launch 100 new machines in the next four years. To meet these ambitions, we recently expanded the site to 30,000m², with 50 advanced technology labs and 700 new engineers. In the Dyson world, there’s no more exciting place to be.
- Support multiple development projects at one time.
- Communicate with engineers to manually prototype parts
- Carry out basic machining, develop test jig
- Prepare engineering sample for investigation work during project development
- Candidate must possess Diploma in Mechatronics Engineering or Mechanical
- Hands on experience on CAD modelling, test jig design, lathe machine, milling machine, prototype preparation etc.
- Experience on C++ programming and project using Labview.
- Basic understanding on mechanical, electrical and electronics knowledge
- Basic knowledge of measurement system analysis (e.g. G R&R) and machine/process capability analysis. With the understanding of statistical techniques (e.g. ANOVA, T-test) and able to apply them in solving basic engineering problems.
- Having knowledge and experience in measuring technique for engineering parameters, e.g. pressure measurement, noise or vibration measurement will be adding value to team.
- Right aptitude for trouble shooting and with solving problems with statistical tools.
- Good understandings on mechanical drawings and performance parameters
- Acceptable communication skills in English
- Proactive, self-starter and able to work independently
- Applicants must be willing to be relocated and work in Senai
- Applicants should be Malaysian citizens or hold relevant residence status.