Acoustics and Vibration Engineer
In 2000, Dyson moved production from Malmesbury to Malaysia to be closer to our supply chains and open up international growth. The small team of 10 has now grown to almost 1,200 – forming Dyson’s second biggest global hub. Located in the exhilarating industrial heart of Johor, it’s also home to RDD, IT, operations, finance, creative and HR.
The RDD facility is central to our plans to launch 100 new machines in the next four years. To meet these ambitions, we recently expanded the site to 30,000m², with 50 advanced technology labs and 700 new engineers. In the Dyson world, there’s no more exciting place to be.
- Ensure Dyson product satisfy the targeted performance specification & support new concept development in house. Focus on technology delivery to enable our next generation of products.
- Support Acoustic/Vibration modeling and propose solution on resolving engineering problem
- To establish and helping on experimental thermal/ Fluid risk evaluation
- Support Research Project. Identify potential new research areas that would benefit from Noise and Vibration Technology development.
- Drive designs forward based on sound engineering knowledge and ensure correct decisions are taken at all stages of the design process with regards to noise and vibration
- Mentor Design Engineers in best practice in terms of noise and vibration implementation in our extensive range of floor care and new products.
- Analyze test results, summarize and communicate to other members of RDD including senior managers and directors.
- Provide, co-ordinate and support Noise and Vibration across RDD and the Dyson world.
- Solving day to day challenging engineering problems and communicate solutions throughout the team and RDD.
- To establish and helping on experimental fluid dynamic in FD lab
- To provide feedback and possible suggestion to UK new concept development team based on the current encountered technical problem.
- Provide suggestion and solution to Design Team for Dyson product flow related improvement.
- Work on the acoustic performance of our class leading products from the concept to post production stage.
*A first degree in Mechanical Engineering/Noise and Vibration or Acoustics or equivalent. Fresh Graduates - Masters & PhD in the same field are encouraged to apply.
*Experience in an analytical based company, consultancy or research
*Master/PhD in Mechanical, Aeronautical, Noise, Vibration or Electro-mechanical Engineering At least 1 or 2 years of working experience in the industry or Mechanical Engineering field
*Ability to support multiple development projects
*Understanding mechanical drawings and performance parameters
*Hands on experience on prototype preparation for testing
*A highly driven individual who strives for accurate results in every aspect of your work
*The proven ability to work as part of a team or un-supervised to an agreed goal or set of deliverables is imperative
*A proven structured approach to creative problem solving.
*Understanding of fundamental of flow induced vibration and acoustic as well as experimentation technique
*Experience in mechanical signature analysis is preferred Able to apply FFT, wavelet or Hilbert transform in analysis
*Experience of Noise of Vibration measurement hardware and software for data acquisition. B&K Pulse, MATLAB and LabView preferred but not essential
*Understanding of statistical techniques/Six Sigma tool and ability to interpret performance testing data