Advanced Analytics Analyst – Calamba, Laguna, Philippines
Calamba, Laguna, Philippines
This is an opportunity for an experienced Data Analytics Analyst to join a rapidly developing and constantly growing cutting edge consumer goods business. Dyson are expanding its footprint in SEA and are looking for experienced staff to take Dyson through it's next stage of growth.
The key objective is to align data analytics with business objectives. You will need to understand the supply chain and the business processes in other areas within Dyson. From this knowledge, you will need to work with multiple business stakeholders to interact with and gather data from various Dyson systems. After collecting data, pre-processing is an essential responsibility in this process of extracting business insights. With the data ready to be analysed, you need to tackle the data problems holistically, in the sense that multiple models and different algorithms with various parameters are to be tried out and weighted to find out the best solution. You will be responsible for the design and development of analytical models to support Dyson operations or implement changes. You will conceptualise and build solutions to make the changes a permanent success.
Furthermore, Dyson aims to increase its operational efficiency and change to adapt to its fast-growing and increasingly complex business operation. One of the key challenges to the job is to attract business interest in utilizing the data analytics and insights to make changes and improvements. This task focuses on the success of change implementation within the organizations. Hence, you will need to prepare thoroughly for presenting your ideas to various business stakeholders and convince them of your findings. Make them understand a problem or an opportunity and get them to be involved in your effort to apply data analytics to the problem. Machine learning, deep learning, data mining or advanced analytics often requires technical knowledge and statistical expertise. Presenting such topic to business people hence needs your emphasis on simplification and clarity.
The Business Excellence team helps & supports the Global Manufacturing team by identifying and leading process improvements projects. As an Advanced Analytics Analyst, you will be asked to propose, create and update innovative solutions to help the various initiatives.
You will need to be proactive, innovative and professional and will be based in Philippine but may liaise with Malaysia / Singapore / UK and overseas office.
The Business Intelligence Team is growing and has three focus areas:
- Data-driven business insights: empower decision makers with data analytics
- Operation Transformation: Enabling operations to work more efficiently and improve operational effectiveness by delivering advanced analytical models such as deep learning, regression solutions or correlations studies.
- Systems Improvement: Getting into the detail of what drives consistency and speed in manufacturing through our systems and processes in the most efficient and reliable way
- Develop business insights from multiple big data sources
- Make use of data analytics to answer key business questions by providing both qualitative and quantitative analysis on request
- Find out hidden problems or new opportunities to apply machine learning/deep learning to achieve business improvements in the supply chain
- Layout a framework or methodology to apply machine learning/analytics techniques into business operations
- Work with a data architecture to ensure the accessibility and capability of a central database infrastructure
- Apply different data mining models on data for analytics
- Find ways to simplify and make the process of performing data mining faster and more efficient
- Present technically complex solutions to the business stakeholders in a simple yet interesting way.
- Persuade different stakeholders to participate in the analytics projects
- Work with project managers to ensure delivering developed insights
- Communicate in a professional, responsive and helpful way to the internal customers
- Provide solution support, advice and guidance to the internal customers
- Degree in Business Analytics, Information Systems, Computer Science, Statistics or Mathematics
- Having more than 3 years of experience of hand-on analytics work
- Methodology approach to data mining & mindful in statically approach for data mining.
- Predictive modelling using SAS, R, Rapid Miner, Python
- Basic knowledge in Programming languages JAVA , C# , C , VB.net , ASPX.Net , MS Excel/Access based VBA development and other
- Data mining techniques such as random forest, SVM, Boosting, Sampling , decision tree, regression and Neural Networks
- Able to transfer findings to web-based visualizations
- Proficient with SQL, SQL server
- Able to interact and retrieve data from Hadoop environments
- Design, implement and maintain the infrastructure for performing data mining on large data set
- Excellent Communication skills
- Knowledgeable in using business intelligence virtualization tools (Business Objects, Tableau, SAS)
Underlying characteristic/behaviour required
- Ability to think out of the box
- Self-motivated, dynamic, results-driven and assertive
- Good presentation skills at all levels of the organisation
- Team player, comfortable dealing with all business levels and external suppliers
- Ethical, personal integrity
- Quick learner
- Willing to be flexible in tasks and activities taken on
- Enjoy challenges and thrives on them
- Attention to detail without losing bigger picture