Advanced Analytics Manager
The Business System Development team helps & supports the Global Manufacturing organisation by identifying and leading process improvements projects. As an Advanced Analytics Manager, you will be asked to propose, create and update innovative solutions to support the various initiatives.
You will need to be proactive, innovative and professional and will be based in Singapore but may liaise with Malaysia / Philippines / UK and overseas offices.
Our Singapore story began in 2004 and today we have more than 1000 people working here. At the beginning of 2017 we opened our new, state of the art, Singapore Technology Centre in Science Park I, minutes from Singapore’s technology and start-up community. This new Technology Centre houses some of Dyson’s most advanced facilities including Robotics and Sensors laboratories and Smart Home, Connectivity & Mobile Applications laboratories as well as an Advanced Control Tower with the latest technology to develop its analytics-driven activities.
Not too far away is our Advanced Manufacturing Centre, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
The Business System Development Team is growing and has the following focus areas:
- Data-driven business insights: empower decision makers with data analytics
- Operation Transformation: Enabling operations to work more efficiently and improve operational effectiveness by delivering advanced analytical models such as deep learning, regression solutions or correlations studies.
- Systems Improvement: Getting into the detail of what drives consistency and speed in manufacturing through our systems and processes in the most efficient and reliable way
- Make use of data analytics to answer key business questions by providing both qualitative and quantitative analysis on request
- Develop business insights from multiple big data sources
- Develop advanced analytics best practices and drive the adoption of those practices within the teams
- Find out hidden problems or new opportunities to apply machine learning/deep learning to achieve business improvements in the supply chain
- Layout a framework or methodology to apply machine learning/analytics techniques into business operations
- Work with a data architecture to ensure the accessibility and capability of a central database infrastructure
- Apply different data mining models on data for analytics
- Find ways to simplify and make the process of performing data mining faster and more efficient
- Present technically complex solutions to the business stakeholders in a simple yet interesting way.
- Work with stakeholders to drive the delivery of the projects to fruition
- Communicate in a professional, responsive and helpful way to the internal customers
- Provide solution support, advice and guidance to the internal customers
- Support the development of the team in terms of hard and soft skills
What we are looking for...
- Degree in Business Analytics, Information Systems, Computer Science, Statistics or Mathematics
- Having more than 5 years of experience of hand-on analytics work
- Methodology approach to data mining & mindful in statically approach for data mining.
- Predictive modelling using SAS, R, Rapid Miner, Python
- Knowledge in Programming languages JAVA , C# , C , VB.net , ASPX.Net , MS Excel/Access based VBA development and other
- Experience of data mining techniques such as random forest, SVM, Boosting, Sampling , decision tree, regression and Neural Networks
- Able to transfer findings to web-based visualizations
- Proficient with SQL, SQL server
- Able to interact and retrieve data from Hadoop environments
- Design, implement and maintain the infrastructure for performing data mining on large data set
- Excellent Communication skills
- Knowledgeable in using business intelligence virtualization tools (Business Objects, Tableau, SAS)
Underlying characteristic/behaviour required
- Ability to think out of the box
- Self-motivated, dynamic, results-driven and assertive
- Good presentation skills at all levels of the organisation
- Team player, comfortable dealing with all business levels and external suppliers
- Ethical, personal integrity
- Quick learner
- Willing to be flexible in tasks and activities taken on
- Enjoy challenges and thrives on them
- Attention to detail without losing bigger picture