Noise and Vibration Engineer
to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial
functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway
tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering.
Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay
independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath
(where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Over 1,500 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. From 2016, our HQ will begin doubling its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
It takes real ingenuity to find new ways of doing things. Smarter technologies. Lighter, stronger materials. And quieter, cleaner power systems. Our Research & Science teams – scientists, mechanical engineers and specialists across each of product category – are the experimenters and risk-takers behind Dyson problem-solving. Whether it’s in-house development, sourcing outside technology partners, or driving collaboration with partner universities, we lead the way in finding the next generation of Dyson technology. Which is why anyone can find themselves presenting to James Dyson himself.
• Provide, co-ordinate and support Noise and Vibration across RDD and the Dyson world.
• Drive designs forward based on sound engineering knowledge and ensure correct decisions are taken at all stages of the design process with regards to noise and vibration.
• Mentor Design Engineers in best practice in terms of noise and vibration implementation in our extensive range of EC, professional and personal care products.
• Focus on technology delivery to enable our next generation of products.
• Work on the acoustic performance of our class leading products from the concept to post production stage.
• Analyse test results, summarise and communicate to other members of RDD including senior managers and directors.
• Liaise with development teams to ensure an effective transfer of technology into our product range across the Dyson world.
• Identify potential new research areas that would benefit from Noise and Vibration Technology development.
• A degree in Mechanical Engineering/Noise and Vibration, Acoustics or equivalent.
• Experience of Noise of Vibration measurement hardware and software for data acquisition. B&K Pulse, MATLAB and LabView preferred but not essential.
• A highly driven individual who strives for accurate results in every aspect of their work.
• The proven ability to work as part of a team or un-supervised to an agreed goal or set of deliverables is imperative.
• A clear logical thinker with exceptional attention to detail.
• A proven structured approach to creative problem solving.