Advanced Software Engineer (Sensors)
• Proven track records of designing, building and testing real time electronics system and prototypes
• Perform comprehensive tests of new sensor technologies and recommend solutions containing an array of different sensors
• Documentation light but solid hand on experience
• Analogue electronics, digital electronics, wireless, embedded C, soldering and testing
• Can always find the right part in the right catalogue and if the part doesn’t exist then design things from first principle
• Excellent communicator
• Able to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment with a Can Do attitude (no challenge is too difficult)
• Start-up mentality, dynamic, independent
• Be challenged to solve complex problems in novel ways
• Design schematics and write embedded C to implement a sensor design
• Present your designs to peers and senior management for review
• A good degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. Electronics Engineering, Physics)
• Experience working in the design, implementation and testing of electronics systems ideally with a variety of sensors and actuators
• Excellent analogue and digital electronics fundamentals
• Able to use a range of hardware design packages ideally including Mentor and Altium
• Strong embedded firmware skills in C
• Some experience/appreciation of mechanical engineering design.
• A desire to be hands-on when needed combined with an ability to step back when appropriate.
• Good communication and motivation skills.