Advertising Art Director
Working closely with our advertising production team, you’ll deliver class-leading advertising campaigns across TV, print, and digital media, on time and within budget.
Responsible for development and implementation of ideas and visual execution above and below the line, for all media. Partnering with an Advertising Copywriter, the Advertising Art Director will drive creative from concept to delivery. Including but not limited to; digital display advertising, TV & DRTV, print and direct response, and outdoor. You will work in a category specific team, collaborating with creatives from other media channels and commercial managers to build truly inspiring, fully integrated campaigns seen by millions of customers world-wide.
You’ll also be expected to work harmoniously with photographers, directors and film crews, and post-production specialists to direct and shepherd their work to meet our very high standards of creative and production.
1. Ensuring all work is in line with Dyson brand values and follows the relevant brand and design
2. Interrogating and interpreting creative briefs to establish solid foundations for all of your work.
3. Working across a range of advertising media to build convincing, cohesive campaigns.
4. Working with other media channel teams, brainstorming and sharing ideas to ensure
integration across all outputs.
5. Collaboration with Commercial, Legal and Performance team colleagues to create solutions
that are robust and accurate.
6. Working closely with the Advertising Copywriter to create original ideas where copy, imagery,
film and composition work seamlessly together.
7. Producing storyboards and sketches of your ideas to various levels of finish – rough scamps
to communicate initial ideas, worked-up roughs to show design development, more polished
visuals to demonstrate detailed thinking and direct the work of others.
8. Provide direction to photographers, film makersand digital developers to enable the
realisation of your creative vision.
9. Confidently present your work with clarity to stakeholders at all levels, underpinned by sound
strategic rationale to support your creative proposition.
10. Involvement in the selection of studios, location, talent and providing direction on sets,
wardrobe and other production elements.
11. Attending and directing still and film shoots to realise and protect the creative vision agreed
12. Overseeing post-production elements such as editing, colour grade, retouch and clean-up,
With 5+ years of experience in a reputable through-the-line agency or in-house team, you’ll have demonstrable evidence of delivering impactful, integrated campaigns.
You’ll have your finger on the pulse of the advertising world, up to speed with latest ideas, thinking and techniques.
You’ll be an imaginative, dynamic creative with an avid interest in culture, art and design and capable of drawing reference and inspiration from a wide range of sources and interests. You can quickly articulate your ideas through sketches, found images, sounds, music, rough self-made films and photographs – a creative explorer.
You’ll be an accomplished strategic thinker, capable of understanding how your work fits with that of others to build strong, integrated campaigns.
You’ll have an obsessive eye for detail, an in-depth knowledge of advertising rules and restrictions, and an unswerving commitment to quality, demonstrable through a portfolio of past work.
You’ll have experience of briefing the work of others in the production process – photographers, film makers, talent and location scouts, set designers, wardrobe and make-up specialists, postproduction and CGI artists – and of directing their work to achieve the agreed final product.
Ideally, you’ll have hands-on Mac design skills with a strong capability in Adobe In-design and Photoshop. A basic working knowledge of video editing software (for mock-ups) would be advantageous.
You’ll be accustomed to forging strong, effective relationships with advertising copywriters and you’ll be comfortable both leading and contributing to group creative brainstorming sessions.
Confident and articulate, you’ll be no stranger to presenting your work with passion and enthusiasm, supporting your thinking both with clear rationale and creative expression.
You’ll have a competitive spirit and a dogged perseverance that makes you a self-motivating, creative powerhouse!