The Aerodynamics Engineer will be responsible for delivering aerodynamic targets through concept design and analysis.
The Aerodynamics Engineer will be responsible for delivering aerodynamic targets through concept design and analysis. Working with the design and engineering teams to evaluate concepts, run CFD simulations and produce high quality aerodynamic surface concept design solutions. This role requires integrated working with the project team and exposure to senior management to help guide development of the product.
Support Lead Aerodynamics engineer in delivery of aerodynamics targets
Set-up, run and analyse CFD simulations
Produce high quality surface models of concepts for CFD evaluation
Produce report summaries and present findings to senior management
Design of aerodynamic concept components for release for prototype models
- Knowledge and understanding of aerodynamic principles
- Experience in the use of CFD software
- Strong experience in freeform parametric surfacing and solid modelling part design (ANSYS preferred)
- Excellent/Master’s degree in Aerodynamics, Fluid Dynamics, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (other relevant engineering disciplines will be considered)
- A willingness to learn and understand components and systems impacts on aerodynamics
- Experience of developing models for testing
- Ability to develop automated CFD process from CAD to Results for Aerodynamicists.
- Conversion of CAD to CFD ready surfaces .
- Appreciation for manufacturability constraints
- Ability to build and maintain CFD simulation monitoring tools
- Support aerodynamicists in forming solutions for CFD related problems
- Ability to communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information, both in writing and verbally
- Self-starter - ability to work independently
- Be able to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams in an often high-pressure
- Creative approach to data visualisation, representation and manipulation
The closing date for this position will be 14th March 2017.