This is a perfect opportunity for an experienced Analytics Manager to who is commercially savvy and has a keen interest in Data Science.
Dyson ANZ 2020 vision is to be a Top 3 consumer technology company in Australia. Today its digital motor powers cordless vacuums, robots, hand dryers, bladeless fans, humidifiers, purifiers and heaters around the world. This is just the beginning; we just launched our new Supersonic Hair Dryer and have a plan to launch many other new innovative products over the next 3 years.
The Strategy & Analystics team are Dyson’s internal consultancy and are fundamental to the ongoing success of the business: shaping strategy, tactical operational performance and delivering a competitive advantage through actionable insights. The team’s focus is on the external market, our competition and our future plans. As business partners to key stakeholders the team supports the short, medium and long term strategy and forward looking planning process. They also provide value-adding, timely and high-quality decision-support information, actionable analysis and advice to all levels of the organisation.
- Design hypotheses to validate assumptions or theories
- Collate and maintain Dyson’s ANZ data pool to ensure it is clean and up to date
- Maintain relationships with external parties to ensure continuity of data stream
- Continually search for new data and information that may be of use to the organisation
- Be an integral support for product pricing assessment and recommendation, annual budgets, volume forecasting and budget review presentation
- Conduct monthly deep-dive presentations for the business to explain what is happening in the market
- Be familiar with analytics tools and systems, including Tableau and Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Coach and develop a high performing team of analysts
- Proven experience in a finance and accounting environment (ideal for Big 4 candidate looking for an exciting change)
- Detailed knowledge of key business drivers, performance metric
- Proven track record of using effective analysis to drive change and efficiency
- Ability to work with multiple data sources to achieve a clear outcome/recommendation
- Forecasting experience and understanding of Demand Planning process
- Evidence of budget control and financial expertise
- Strong attention to detail and ability to present clearly, effectively and insightfully to key business stakeholders
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and modelling skills are essential
- CA/CPA/CFA qualified (or equivalent) would be an advantage
- Experience using data analysis tools and systems, such as Tableau, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), etc.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Work from home opportunities and a vibrant, diverse company culture, and exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realizing ambition
- We value worklife balance and that's why we offer summer hours all year long
- The latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our creative engineering spirit
- Plenty of local day-cares in close vicinity, free on-site parking and reimbursed car-parking expenses if on-site parking is not available •