Architectural Specifications Manager
Starting salary will be determined based on experience and credentials.
To create demand and provide product support at the architectural/ design level while creating opportunities to fill a pipeline of Dyson commercial specifications. Embracing a team approach, ensure short and long term territory objectives are delivered utilizing a push/ pull through sales strategy with Dyson sales representatives. The successful candidate will develop working relationships to become a trusted resource with key personnel within a community of targeted commercially focused architect and design firms operating awareness, education, advocacy, and ultimately gaining acceptance of the Dyson Professional range of products to secure the specification of our products in related construction documentation. In addition, the role will require the successful candidate to follow through on each specified project ending with the selection of a general contractor and then coordinate with the local business development executive to fulfill at the point of sale.
- Actively work with existing and potential architects and designers to extend Dyson's sales reach to demonstrate or update product information with the ultimate goal of getting Dyson specified in projects.
- Manage potential and actual channel conflict.
- Develop strong working relationships with leading architects, designers, end customers and general contractors within territory.
- Must understand the A&D community and construction process delivering effective product presentations and uncovering projects for Dyson Airblade.
- Uncover projects/ opportunities from architects and other lead sources to circulate and assist existing sales channels - direct sales force and distribution sales.
- Research and utilize the hit list of desired firms.
- Target, contact, schedule and conduct accredited CE Lunch & Learns monthly.
- Deliver effective sales meetings and presentations to a wide range of large and medium sized businesses, through pre-booked and ad-hoc meetings.
- Respond to all inquiries for specification from various marketing resources.
- Actively participate with regional and national teams to discuss and share successful sales strategies as required to build a better team.
- Promote the Dyson brand to all facets of the design and specification channel.
- Engage and partner with Dyson Business Development Executives daily to assess market conditions, exchange information, and capitalize on opportunities to achieve sales zone targets.
- Work seamlessly within global, US, and local specification strategy initiatives.
- Be able to work under predetermined targets recording activity into Salesforce.com.
- Collaborate with core functions (marketing, logistics, legal, finance) to deliver on business objectives.
- Relish the opportunities to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role.
- Ability to take initiative to think outside the box and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Proven success in sales prospecting, account management, and negotiation.
- Identify problems and find solutions.
- Full driver's license with good driving record.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Bachelor degree required, MBA a plus
- Proven success in sales prospecting and lead generation
- Strong presentation skills, experience delivering continuing education courses a plus
- Experience with cold calling, client presentations, and closing new business
- Experience selling sustainable or other solutions based building products to owners, contractors, or architects strongly preferred, but not required
- Ability to understand the Dyson brand and uphold its integrity
- Proficient in Word, Excel, & PowerPoint
- Familiarity with SalesForce.com or a comparable CRM system
- Ability to leverage and prospect construction project databases
- Strong understanding of accounting, financial, and business transactions
- Must be willing to work within a key performance indicator environment constantly tracking and measuring progress
- Self starter who is comfortable developing sales and activity plans from inception through to completion
- Good understanding of B2B commercial business and strategies - especially regarding complex capital sales
- This position is home based with travel up to 30% of the time regionally, including overnight stays