Assistant Retail Activation Manager
$Competitive base + Bonus + Kiwisaver
Auckland, New Zealand
Do you share our entrepreneurial spirit and feel excited about the opportunity to build something new in New Zealand? This might be the opportunity for you.
We’re Dyson. A global technology enterprise. We're about better ideas and better technologies. It's about finding better ways with the right people to work with us. Reinventing as we go.
In 1993, James Dyson launched the first bagless vacuum cleaner. But a lot has changed since then. As we continue to grow, we’re exploring new frontiers and traversing the unknown.
In 2012 we were 3120 people. Today we're over 10,000. We transform every category we enter. Our future is bright and the next few years are set to be our busiest yet. 3000 new engineers. 100 new machines. Revolutionising new categories. All by 2020.
With New Zealand identified as a key growth market for Dyson, we are excited to be hiring new roles across Sales, Marketing and Customer Service to support our ambitious plans.
Join us to help shape our future. And yours.
The Marketing team consists of Brand, Retail Activation and Digital Marketing, Public Relations and Design Studio.
You will be responsible for planning, implementing executing retail in-store execution projects for all of Dyson’s products across New Zealand. This will include driving the direct sales and controlled activation strategy, working with senior marketing stakeholders to execute exciting internal and external launches of new Dyson products, and project managing retail store display installations.
You will draw on local shopper and consumer insights and work with the Australian Senior Marketing Manager and local sales team to implement retail solutions with consideration of Dyson Retail Guidelines and retailer challenges.
In this role you will:
- Drive the direct sales and controlled activation strategy (e.g. ‘’shop in shop’’ and demo activation) for the categories.
- Support the Senior Brand Activation Manager in NZ in execution of yearly brand plan and new product launches in line with the AU strategy
- Lead NZ local shopper and consumer insights when working directly with Group and AU Senior Marketing Manager - Retail and Events along with Local Sales team to implement retail solutions with consideration of Dyson Retail Guidelines, Retailers challenges and approvals
- Manage, prioritise and deliver all retail and in-store projects on a timely basis, including prototyping, production, costing and implementation, whether it is temporary, permanent, concept stores, shop-in-shop.
- Create and maintain project plans, timelines, and cost sheets for each project, ensuring that stakeholders are aware of any changes.
- Drive individual projects through to delivery, resolving day-to-day challenges – involving the right people at the right time.
You should be able to demonstrate:
- Curious and passionate about consumers and building brands
- Tenacious problem solving, able to critically analyse and tackle problems with viable solutions
- A commercial mindset with strong analytical skills, able to use market analysis to identify high potential opportunities
- 3 years + track record of delivering POP, merchandising and retail environments experience
- Exceptional project management, time management and stakeholder management skills
- Experience delivering multi-national brand store rollout projects
- Experience with sourcing and overseas manufacturing, purchasing, negotiating, and deal with international logistics requirements
- Knowledge of retail fixture materials, technical drawings and specifications, and print processes (litho, screen, digital)
- Bachelor Degree in Marketing or similar field
- Opportunity to be part of a team of people that are truly passionate about Dyson’s purpose, and believe in the products they are helping bring to life that genuinely make people’s lives better, healthier and more beautiful
- Chance to make a fast impact, establishing the Dyson business in New Zealand
- Access to a global network of Marketing professionals to learn from and collaborate with
- An extensive pipeline of new technology to bring to market
- A vibrant, diverse, entrepreneurial company culture, and exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realizing ambition
- International travel opportunities to Australia
- The latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our creative engineering spirit