Assistant Retail Project Manager, KR
Competitive remuneration package
To plan, execute and implement retail and event projects for all Dyson products in Korea.
Work with Group Retail team, Asia Retail Design Manager and Local Sales team to implement retail solutions with considerations to Dyson Retail Guidelines, Distributors/Retailers challenges and approvals
Manage, prioritise and deliver all retail projects on a timely basis, including prototyping, production, costing and implementation, whether it is temporary, permanent, concept stores, shop-in-shop, events or exhibitions.
Create and maintain project plans, timelines, and cost sheets for each project, ensuring that stakeholders are aware of any changes. Drive individual projects through to delivery, resolving day-to-day challenges – involving the right people at the right time.
Manage demand planning, storage, deployment and installations for core in-store display system, plus all other projects as necessary. Maintain an up-to-date inventory list of all fixtures by market.
Drive approval and acceptance of the project through all relevant areas of the business in regard to design, costing, production quality/details, and timing
Provide guidance on suitability, practicality of the project to key stakeholders.
Develop a process to work closely with Local Sales team and Distributors in maintaining high in-store quality across all existing stores. Touchup, replenish and replace parts and fixtures when necessary.
Manage contractors in regards to material sourcing, fixtures deployment and installation.
Quality checks and the resolution of any QC issues or installation snagging issues that may arise. Train contractors in meeting Dyson quality standards.
Maintain a core base of suppliers that offer key deliverables – quality, flexibility, reliability and cost.
Source new suppliers globally as and when required, and manage this process with Group Retail, Asia Retail Design Manager, Supplier Management/Finance, assisting with auditing suppliers and KPIs when required
Work with the Legal and Procurement teams on costing, terms, supplier contracts and resolve any disputes that might arise
- Global Retail central team in the UK
- Asia Marketing team in Hong Kong
- Business Development & Sales team
- Finance team
- 3rd party
- Fixture Production Vendors
- Installation Vendors
Experience and Education
- Higher diploma or above in interior design or related field required
- 3 years + track record of delivering POP, merchandising and retail environments experience
- Project management, time management and people liaison skills
- Deliver multinational brand store rollout projects
- Working within a corporate structure involving both internal and supplier relationships
- Dealing with sourcing and overseas manufacturing issues
- Purchasing and negotiation skills
- Dealing with international logistics requirements including tax, import and duty implications
- Understanding of the use of materials and processes required for retail environment
- Understanding of technical drawings and specifications
- Understanding of print processes – litho, screen, digital
- Knowledge in project budgets and control
- Knowledge in environmental and recycling regulations
Curious and passionate about consumers and building brands
Superb attention to detail; material produced is meticulously executed
Broad thinker with strong analytical skills; ability to use market analysis to identify high potential opportunities
Problem Solving; must be able to critically analyze and tackle problems and present viable solutions
Passion; this person needs to be passionate about Dyson, technology and engineering.
Entrepreneurial spirit; must be able to deal with ambiguity and willing to take risks as needed
Strong communication skills; this person is able to present information (both written and oral) clearly and concisely. This person needs to be able to communicate clearly at all levels within an organization.
Creativity; they need to be open to new ideas, adventurous and practical simultaneously.
Driven by the desire to win and for continuous improvement
Proven ability to work cross-functionally
Fluency in Korean and English, Mandarin preferable.