Assistant Store Manager - Tysons Corner Center
Starting salary will be determined based on experience and credentials.
Tysons Corner, VA
Dyson makes machines. People make Dyson. Come join us.
World Class Training
Employee Machine Purchase Program
As the Assistant Store Manager, you will partner with your Store Manager and together, have full accountability for your store which encompasses every trading activity within, including maintaining the overall Dyson reputation. You must be a strong people leader that knows how to build, train, and inspire a strong team. You must be able to prioritize a broad spectrum of work both inside and outside of the physical store environment. Behind the scenes, the Assistant Store Manager will oversee operations such as strategic labor deployment, inventory management, and visual merchandising. Jointly with other members of leadership, you will be accountable for key metrics that define success from traffic generation to demos delivered to units sold to owner / shopper feedback.
Ultimately, the Assistant Store Manager will be responsible for leading and supporting a team that is able to create shopper experiences that defy convention and are unique and new. Your love for technology and design means you will know each Dyson product inside and out and will be the first to learn, share, and inspire your team members about new initiatives. You must be an enthusiastic champion for the reputation inside and outside Dyson.
Three years ago 80% of Dyson’s business was full-sized vacuum cleaners. Today, its digital motor powered cordless vacuums, robots, Airblade hand dryers, bladeless fans, humidifiers, purifiers and heaters are powering its growth in 75 countries around the world. 2015 saw the addition of Jake Dyson Light to the portfolio, and in April 2016 Dyson took its biggest leap yet, revolutionising the world of Beauty with the launch of the Dyson Supersonic™ Hairdryer.
Dyson is rapidly expanding; in its new and core categories, and across all of its global markets. The next four years are going to be Dyson’s biggest and busiest yet. We have huge growth plans for our Direct Retail portfolio which include Global Flagship, local Flagship and boutique stores where the Store Manager and their team will be responsible for creating a seamless and consistent Dyson Experience to capture the hearts and minds of our owners. We are looking for creativity, a free thinker, and someone who knows how to use their retail space to educate and excite people about technology and our machines.
People leadership – Lead and develop a team of high performers
- Lead by example and model the behaviors that reflect Dyson’s core values
- Lead and support a fun, engaging, and ambitious in-store culture ensuring the team is involved, valued, and recognized for their contribution
- Spend time coaching our Experts, recognizing strengths and developing opportunities; manage overall team performance and growth in partnership with Store Manager
- Ensure that there is a communication and engagement strategy to ensure Experts are aware of their measures of performance and bonus objectives and are fully informed of current business priorities, promotions, etc.
- Develop and execute a strategy to hire and retain the best talent; be able to spot and develop talent in store to ensure a strong succession plan
- Work in partnership with HR regarding all appropriate employee relations topics including performance and conflict management
On-going store operations – maintain a model of operational excellence and flawless retail execution
- Partner with Store Manager to translate the strategic goals into retail operational plans to achieve the required targeted growth in customer experience, sales, and profit
- Be fully versed in the content of the Operating Manual and ensure every element is executed; ensure highest degree of retail execution on a daily basis
- Ensure that the retail operation complies to all policies and procedures relating to Security, Health, and Safety
- Take ownership for maintaining the highest standard of store maintenance including daily cleaning of product, fixtures
- Monitor controllable expenses; be accountable for inventory management overseeing ordering, receiving, and loss prevention
Drive iconic service and sales
· Partner with Store Manager to ensure store achievement of targeted goals in service and sales
· Analyze our in-store analytics to drive sales, traffic, and ensure the best customer experience and engagement
· Partner with Store Manager to execute plans for live events to ensure theatre and education for Dyson shoppers
- Lead and converse with senior colleagues up to and including Director level; be comfortable hosting store visits with senior leadership and VIPs
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a customer-facing, retail setting required
- 2+ years of retail management experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred or equivalent experience required
- Experience in leading sales and operations in a retail store required
- Experience managing a P & L strongly preferred
- Experience working with or in a premium or luxury brand strongly preferred
- Bi-lingual language proficiency is a plus
- Ability to understand the Dyson brand and uphold its integrity
Dyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to email@example.com or call(312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.