Associate Communications Manager
Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
Develop, execute and support communications strategies to share Dyson news and elevate Dyson’s reputation externally.
- Work with Communications Manager to set media launch strategies for key products, campaigns, and partnerships that propel Dyson’s reputation forward
- Daily pitching to the media and securing regular positive coverage — about Dyson technology, the benefits of Dyson machines, the James Dyson Foundation, timely events and cultural moments, and more
- Manage inbound media inquiries, route requests to the appropriate people, and provide recommendations for how to proceed
- Help develop plans for non-traditional PR work, including social media, influencers, events, placement opportunities, and more — ultimately working to raise awareness in key places and among key people
- Support Communications Managers on initiatives across all categories: Personal Care, Environmental Control, Floorcare, Professional, and Internal Communications
- Write thorough creative briefs to request help and materials for projects and launches, and keep the team organized as we execute on those plans
- Recommend new areas and angles to stimulate more awareness of Dyson, its technology, and its philosophies in the US
- Partner with the Communications Specialist in monitoring, collating, recording and communicating press coverage
- Bring new ideas and a fresh perspective to the team and our ways of working!
Support Dyson’s high communication standards internally:
- Support in the planning and execution of internal technology launches, annual budget presentations, monthly company meetings, annual holiday parties, and other company happenings
- Aid in drafting important company-wide communications, including executive emails, internal newsletter articles, and other formats, as needed
- Contribute content for global communications channels
Be a good colleague — effectively communicate and collaborate with other departments within Dyson to ensure maximum impact.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with internal partners in marketing and sales to ensure effective collaboration and sharing of Communications plans with key stakeholders across the business.
- Be the local expert, spotting trends and sharing new ideas and opportunities with the Americas and global PR team.
- Be an active part of our global communications team – share best practices and new ideas, keep an eye on what’s working in other markets and how we can translate their successes to the US, and more.
- 3-5 years PR experience required (in house or agency)
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or a related discipline
- Media relations. An up-to-date understanding of US media (print, broadcast and online) is essential, as is a proven ability to develop and directly pitch stories.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Able to write concise, engaging and informative copy. Can use a variety of written and oral communication methods to ensure recommendations are understood and considered.
- Experience in managing projects from start to finish
- Internal communications, social media, and/or influencer relations experience is a bonus
- Storytelling. You love to tell rich, engaging stories and have a knack for identifying what will resonate with specific people and audiences.
- Project management, organizational, and time management skills. We move fast and do a lot of things at Dyson! The ability to balance multiple projects, campaigns and other duties – while making deadlines – is essential.
- Team work and collaboration. Able to build and maintain effective working relationships and work cooperatively with others as part of a team.
- Proactive and a doer. While working with others is a vital part of the role, we also need to be able to work autonomously and take the initiative to identify work that needs to be done and ways to support the team.
- Creativity. Demonstrates imagination, creativity and divergent thinking and applies these skills when solving problems.
- Passion. You have a passion for and deep understanding/appreciation of media, technology, beauty and health. And, of course, Dyson.