Associate Marketing Manager, Experiential & East Coast Marketing
Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
Remote in New York City, NY USA
In order to accomplish this, Dyson is looking for an Associate Marketing Manager, Experiential & Local Marketing to support the ideation and execution of Dyson experiences that encourage people to demo, interact and understand Dyson technology first-hand. This position will be based in New York City with a focus on the personal care category.
This position will amplify our national marketing strategy for Dyson personal care technology with a hyper local marketing approach, bringing together all local opportunities and ensuring first class activation. You will be the critical local expert on the consumer, the media landscape and event execution requirements. This position will not only be responsible for curating unique Dyson experiences, but also will be challenged to leverage events and local relevancy to drive the brand reevaluation of Dyson from a floor care company to a leading technology company.
As a constantly growing engineering and technology company, Dyson requires activations across new channels; better differentiation and control of our current channels; and, most importantly, ownership delivering best-in-class Dyson experiences pre, during and post purchase.
Compel and convert through experience: demo and events
- Ideate, deliver and scale amazing live experiences for the Dyson Supersonic™ hair dryer, in and out of retailers; be at the forefront of delivering our business-wide objective of “Excellent Execution” via creative, communications, project management and in-store delivery for a consistent, flawless finish
- Identify the top consumer events we need to be present at to showcase Dyson technology. Write full rationale for attendance and plan them around the US core activity plan.
- Own design brief and manage the entire event lifecycle from inception of opportunity to post-event recap leveraging the playbooks put together for successful event execution across categories
- Drive traffic to events by leveraging Dyson owned and those of retailers, strategic paid media, influencers and PR
- Develop and nurture relationships with managers at top-door retailers to uncover opportunities for events; coordinate event logistics and communicate requirements and needs with RSM, DEMs and personnel needed (i.e. stylists if applicable)
- Manage event budgets with the goal of delivering a positive ROI
- Consistently measure KPI’s for experiences
- Provide Sales Out team (Account Managers, Regional Sales Manager & Field Team) with customer insights and pain points at point of purchase; work cross-functionally with Graphics, Training, Category and Retail teams to build assets to solve these issues
- Work with regional sales manager to create a plan that maximises Dyson presence and experience within Dyson’s top door retailers on the East Coast. Understand each of the top performing stores and exploit marketing, training and demonstration opportunities within them.
- Serve as East Coast Zone’s liaison between District Expert Managers (DEM) and Chicago HQ on providing retail/local-level traffic drivers and conversion strategies:
- Provide field team with assets that set them up for success – i.e. demonstration materials, training materials, in-store tactics (events, mailers, etc.)
Research, understand and define the consumer in major metropolitan cities on the East Coast: where they are, what they do – work and socially, how they consume media, what they think of Dyson, where they shop, what inspires and excites them, what matters to them, etc.
- Partner with the Sr. Marketing Manager, Experiential & Local Marketing and Insights Manager to determine the best way to ascertain this data; create a test and learn plan to understand planned activities and their impact on Dyson brand health
- Use insights as the foundation for every activation plan to ensure we are hitting our target effectively and efficiently
- Collaborate with the Sr. Marketing Manager, Experiential & Local Marketing, Insights Manager and Digital team in Chicago to establish metrics to measure success on the East Coast: Brand health, loyalty, recommendations, awareness, purchase intent, penetration, CTR, dwell time etc. Measure and report on a regular basis.
Hyper local Marketing
- Be the eyes and ears on the ground for the best media opportunities (and added value), feeding knowledge back into category teams and agency. Constantly support and drive execution of a hyper local approach with the ability to measure which activities and channels are the most relevant and impactful.
- Be obsessed with being topical to drive local awareness, purchase intent and conversion, as well as fit into the national marketing plan for the US for each category (floor care, personal care and environmental control)
- This position will serve as a ”consultant” to category directors by providing quantitative and qualitative data on who the East Coast consumer is; this person will be responsible for gaining agreement from the category directors that proposed marketing and event activity is complementing and amplifying their national objectives at a regional level
- Analyze results monthly to determine what initiatives should be rolled out across region and, which should be shelved based on KPI’s
Drive quantification of experiential and regional marketing activity in the US
- Adopt a test/learn/refine approach to trialling new activities to further the business
- Work closely with finance and Sr. Manager, Experiential & Local Marketing to conduct financial appraisals of marketing activities
- Communicate and roll out the most effective activities as best practice
Fulfil other duties as required
- Relish the opportunities to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Fix things that you can see need fixing
- Identify problems and find solutions
- 3+ years of experiential marketing experience required, managing event activations from inception to completion including permitting, managing contractors and vendors, maintaining budgets and resourcing accurately
- Proven track record of building marketing campaigns, strategies from the ground-up.
- Knowledge of local market is critical as is marketing experience with beauty and/or technology brands.
- Experience managing or working with PR and media agencies
- Bachelor’s Degree required – not necessarily business or marketing related but must display commercial acumen
- Ability to drive projects from concept through implementation, to analyze results and provide rationale for recommendations
- Strong collaboration, communication and presentation skills. Must have ‘gravitas’
- Strong commercial acumen
- Thorough understanding of East Coast media landscape and Dyson’s channels
- Self-starter - as this position will be located away from the central US office, this person needs to be able to build plans, get them signed off, then make things happen. You must be able to deal with ambiguity and have the confidence to make recommendations and decisions.
- Strong ability to influence
- Insight gathering and broad thinking
- Experience with MS Office – especially Excel / PPT