Associate Marketing Manager – Retail Marketing
Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
Chicago, IL USA
In this role you will work with our retail partners to develop and implement comprehensive marketing and merchandising plans to support our technology launches and promotions.
As a constantly growing engineering and technology company, Dyson requires activations across new channels; better differentiation and control of our current channels; and, most importantly, ownership delivering best-in-class Dyson experiences pre, during and post purchase.
Co-author, agree and deliver the in store strategy for assigned accounts with the Senior Retail Marketing Manager
- Delivery of annual marketing plans, in line with the overall Joint Business Plan
- Communicate the strategy to retailers with close partnering with National Account Management team
- Author and drive budgeting for US in store operation to deliver strategy
- Be at the forefront of delivering our business-wide objective of “Flawless Execution” via creative, communications, project management and in store delivery for a consistent, flawless finish
Own and drive quantification of trade marketing activity in the US
- Adopt a test/learn/refine approach to trialling new activities to further the business
- Work closely with finance to conduct financial appraisals of marketing activities across all retailers
- Communicate and roll out the most effective activities as best practice
Coordinate in store launches for new products
- Develop local execution plans for global-led campaigns
- Work with sales to understand needs for new POP to support new products and ensure development of new materials to drive the US in store vision
- In partnership with retail.com team, own delivery of in store and online marketing from beginning to end: from excellent briefs, outstanding project management and perfect execution
Own the development and execution plan for retailer events
- Manage the strategic development and creative briefing of retailer events for select accounts
- Key point person across all accounts in ensuring the right tools / materials are developed to enable successful local market executions
- Determine efficiencies in current event materials and plans to maximize return on activity
- Working in partnership with Category Teams, Retail Marketing colleagues & Sales Out team publish calendar of event activations to ensure all areas of the business are aligned and readied for support
Provide direction and support in execution of demo materials
- Collaborate with Sales Out and training teams to understand needs of Experts and store associates for training across all categories and all retailers
- Work with Category teams to understand new product launches and help Training team with development of digital and print materials as needed
Fulfil other duties as required
- Relish the opportunities to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Fix things that you can see need fixing
- Identify problems and find solutions
- 3-5 years of marketing experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required – not necessarily business related but must display good commercial acumen / relevant experience.
- Ability to drive projects from concept through implementation, to analize results and provide strong rationale for recommendations
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Must have ‘gravitas’
- Strong commercial acumen
- Thorough understanding of Dyson’s channels
- Experience with MS Office, especially Excel / PPT
- Can demonstrate a ‘can do’ / entrepreneurial attitude
- Ability to deliver projects in full, on time and to the highest quality
- Quick thinker to solve problems, draw financial conclusions and make fast, accurate decisions.
- Regular local travel to retail stores required; driver’s license preferred.