Functional Safety Engineer - to AP Engineer
Experienced functional safety engineer is required with automotive electronic/software experience. ISO 26262 is essential
A new opportunity exists for a Functional Safety Engineer who will have the opportunity to take responsible for delivering projects in accordance with the automotive functional safety standard ISO 26262, working across a broad range of technical activities.
Your everyday responsibilities will involve:
- Taking responsibility for delivery of functional safety-related work products according to cost, quality and operational targets,
- Communication and cooperation with overall project teams, engineering technical specialist support functions, clients and suppliers,
- Supporting the wider team with regard to understanding & engineering according to international safety standards
You will apply a sound understanding of the fundamentals of functional safety engineering within ISO 26262 to pro-actively ensure that safety is built into the product from the start. You have a detailed understanding of relevant safety engineering standards (such as ISO 26262) but more importantly you understand the principles and rationales behind them, acknowledging that compliance is more than a ticking-the-boxes exercise.
Able to work & communicate well within multi-disciplinary project teams, you are a self-starter, confident in your decisions, and display a strong "can-do" attitude to match the challenges you will face with equal enthusiasm.
- Degree level qualification in an Electronic/Software Engineering Discipline within the automotive environment
- Ideally 2 years of relevant work experience within functional safety (on its own or part of systems engineering)
- Good communication and motivation skills.
- FMEA experience, (experience on Functional Safety Analysis is a plus)
- A safety engineering specific qualification is a bonus, but not essential.
- Knowledge in at least one of the following additional areas would be helpful: