Associate Principal Electronics Engineer
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday + Bonus + Pension
- The Associate Principal Electronics Hardware Design Engineer role involves working from the electronics system level down to develop the architecture and circuit concepts for new products across all of Dyson’s consumer appliance product categories.
- As a member of the UK Electronics HW Design group based in Malmesbury, England, you will work in multi-disciplinary global project teams to define, architect and deliver the electronics systems for new products.
- You will also work with Dyson’s Research and New Product Innovation teams to investigate and develop novel electronics to support and realise new product ideas.
- The role requires a highly experienced engineer with broad technical knowledge and in-depth experience of electronics development for a production environment.
- You will be a motivated, creative, methodical and flexible person, ready to take on engineering challenges and solve them with a pragmatic and practical approach.
- You may also be tasked with leading a team of electronics engineers on a development project, and also with supervising, mentoring and guiding other engineers.
Dyson HQ is home to over 3,500 people who work across a medley of engineering and commercial functions. The award-winning campus has three cafes, a sports centre and a number of engineering icons including our Harrier and Lightning jets – one of which hangs from the ceiling of our café. Based in Malmesbury, the campus is within easy reach of both the Cotswolds and cities like Bath and Bristol along the M4 corridor.
When you invent something, the right technology often doesn’t exist to make it work. So we make our own. From advanced systems, components and power supplies to building a digital motor from scratch, Dyson electronics engineers have enabled our ideas to become reality. As our future products rely more on robotics, connectivity, and complex sensing and navigation technologies, our high speed electronics will stand us apart. From designing the hardware to the systems, that make Dyson machines as reliable as they are intelligent, our electronics engineers are central to our most pioneering RDD.
- Architecting from the electronics system level down for new products across all Dyson product categories.
- Providing expert input to circuit design, design reviews, issues analyses and corrective actions in one or more areas of knowledge and expertise.
- Leading and supporting the engineering teams on the detailed implementation of circuit designs and PCBAs for new product designs.
- Liaising with other Dyson engineering teams in the UK and South East Asia, collaborating on new product initiatives and building cross-functional teams.
- Influencing others both inside and outside of the Electronics department to improve communication and understanding of electronics in the overall product design process.
- Investigating novel technologies and architectures for new and existing product streams.
- Pro-actively adopting and championing high quality engineering practices within the Dyson framework.
- A good degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. Electronics Engineering, Physics)
- Demonstrable experience working in the design, implementation and testing of electronic systems
- Excellent analogue and digital electronics fundamentals
- Experience developing electronics architectures suitable for multiple projects
- Ability to provide leadership and supervision to small teams
- Good communication skills verbally and in writing
- Proficiency in at least one of the major schematic capture and layout packages
- Strong embedded firmware skills in C
- Strong modelling and analytical skills in MATLAB or similar
- Knowledge of multiple MCU families and development environments
- Able to coach others in analogue circuit design techniques
- Expert in sampling theory and Digital Signal Processing
- Skills in HDL and statistics would be an advantage
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines