Associate Principal Electronics HW Design Engineer
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday + Bonus + Pension
The Associate Principal Electronics Hardware Design Engineer role involves working from the electronics system level down to develop the architecture and circuit concepts for new products across all of Dyson’s consumer appliance product categories. As a member of the UK Electronics HW Design group based in Malmesbury, England, you will work in multi-disciplinary global project teams to define, architect and deliver the electronics systems for new products. You will also work with Dyson’s Research and New Product Innovation teams to investigate and develop novel electronics to support and realise new product ideas.
The role requires a highly experienced engineer with broad technical knowledge and in-depth experience of electronics development for a production environment. You will be a motivated, creative, methodical and flexible person, ready to take on engineering challenges and solve them with a pragmatic and practical approach. You may also be tasked with leading a team of electronics engineers on a development project, and also with supervising, mentoring and guiding other engineers.
• Architecting from the electronics system level down for new products across all Dyson product categories.
• Providing expert input to circuit design, design reviews, issues analyses and corrective actions in one or more areas of knowledge and expertise.
• Leading and supporting the engineering teams on the detailed implementation of circuit designs and PCBAs for new product designs.
• Liaising with other Dyson engineering teams in the UK and South East Asia, collaborating on new product initiatives and building cross-functional teams.
• Influencing others both inside and outside of the Electronics department to improve communication and understanding of electronics in the overall product design process.
• Investigating novel technologies and architectures for new and existing product streams.
• Pro-actively adopting and championing high quality engineering practices within the Dyson framework.
As an Associate Principal engineer you will have in-depth experience of working as a design and development engineer. You will be self-starting, self-powered, and demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills. You will have experience of the whole product development lifecycle, from initial concept generation through to mass production and beyond.
• Degree qualified in a relevant electronics discipline.
• Strong experience of electronics development through multiple product development cycles.
• Preferably experience of working in a team or technology leadership role.
• Good communication skills and ability to influence others to achieve the best technical outcomes.