Associate Principal / Technical Lead Electronics Engineer
Dyson has an opportunity for power electronics engineers to join the highly successful Motors and Power Systems group. Opportunities are available at both Associate Principal Engineer and Technical Lead level depending on experience.
The Motors and Power Systems group is a multidisciplinary team responsible for the development of Dyson Digital Motors and Lithium Ion battery management. Dyson Digital Motors are small and light, yet extremely powerful; they power the next generation of handheld vacuum cleaners as well as the Supersonic which is revolutionising hair care. As part of this group, we are looking to expand our Power Electronics capability.
- Ensure the safety and reliability of Dyson products
- Take technical responsibility for the power electronic content of a number of projects across a different product categories ensuring their successful delivery.
- Actively identify technical risks within projects and drive their resolution.
- Challenge where appropriate and develop best practice and process improvement across the business.
- Act as a subject matter expert across the business and multiple projects
- Develop and train others either within their own or the wider team.
- Opportunity for line management responsibilities
- Degree or equivalent experience in electronic engineering or comparable discipline alongside significant industrial experience.
- In depth knowledge and experience in the design and development of motor drives / inverters / SMPS / power electronics products.
- Detailed understanding of device characteristics specifically IGBTs, MOSFETs and emerging technologies in in real-world applications.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to communicate to a wide range of audiences including senior management.
- Circuit simulation and analysis expertise (e.g. SiMetrix, SPICE or Matlab)
- Experience with PCB/schematic tools.
- Proven ability to design products for compliance with worldwide EMC/EMI standards.
- Knowledge and experience of thermal management.
- Able to provide technical direction.