Associate Principal Software Engineer
SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
Dyson began twenty one years ago with James Dyson and a handful of engineers questioning everyday products, thinking differently and making them better. We are now the world's number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer in the UK, US, Japan, Europe and Australasia.
We've even branched out to improving commercial technology that frustrates us. The Dyson Airblade hand dryer dries hands in ten seconds, it’s also the most hygienic and energy efficient hand dryer available. And more recently a fan, Air Multiplier, with no blades or grille.
There are over 4000 in the world and we’re all inventive and hugely passionate about what we do. At our Development Centre in Johor Bahru, Malaysia & Singapore there are almost 1600 of us, a mixture of engineers and support staff, we are Dyson people that are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. Our teams there will rise to more than 2000 over the next 2 years.
Not too far away is West Park, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
- Design and implement the machine learning application for Dyson’s products and ecosystem
- Design and implement the APIs and algorithm for machine learning applications
- Work closely with other software engineers to optimize product performance
- Keep up-to-date with new technology that may be able to support the machine learning application
- Work with other Architects coming up with new ideas for machine learning
- Understand necessary data and AI requirements to implement machine learning application
- Able to prototype machine learning application quickly
- Mentor others in development machine learning technologies and tools
- Drivers technical objectives and architectural initiatives
- Strong quantitative background; a PhD degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or related field
- 2+ years of Machine Learning practical experience
- 8+ years of solid programming experience in a technology company
- Good coding skills, able to write high performance product quality codes with Python / C++ / R / Java
- Strong proficiency in numerical libraries such as SciKit-Learn, NumPy and SciPy
- Solid understanding of Machine Learning, Probability, and Statistics fundamentals
- Industry experience building innovative end-to-end Machine Learning systems has a plus
- Experience with AWS, SQL, REST APIs has a plus
- Able to communicate complex Machine Learning concept to other team members
- Experience with Agile / Scrum software development methodologies
- Strong understanding of engineering best practices – requirement gathering and analysis, design and develop secure and scalable code with unit tests, partake in code reviews and documentation
- Experience with open source based technology stack and scripting technologies required
- Ability to handle periodic on-call duty as well as out-of-band requests
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Independent, Integrity and self-driven with a strong focus on results