Associate Principal Software Engineer
£Competitve + 27 Days Holiday + Bonus + Pension
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Nearly 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. In 2017, our HQ will double its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
• Own and drive the product communications software road map and strategy in alignment with other Dyson business units, including research.
• Keep up to date with the latest communications technology and distil the most relevant information into our roadmap.
• Own and drive the software architecture for the comms team and ensure that it provides the functionality required.
• Provide technical leadership to the comms software development team.
• Attend conferences and seminars to share Dyson’s view with the wider community.
• Be aware of all other elements within the software development life cycle, including manufacturing processes, and ensure that our communications solutions are capable of supporting these aspects.
• Extensive experience specifying and developing high level real time software architectures
• Experience in numerous programming languages including: C, C++ and Python
• Commercial Experience in several of the following: WiFi (802.11), Bluetooth V4.x, ZigBee, 802.15.4, 3GPP, MQTT
• Knowledge and use of UML
• Familiar with working in an Agile environment
• Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills, and able to communicate complex scenarios to a wide audience
• Demonstrable experience in technical leadership
• Experience in Java and Objective C
• Experience of Atlassian Development and Collaboration tools (JIRA, Confluence, Stash etc.)
• Experience of using Enterprise Architect