Associate Principal Software Engineer
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday + Pension + Bonus
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Nearly 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. In 2017, our HQ will double its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
- Support NPI team to define the early concept of product for software behaviours and features part
- Provide design, engineering and technical expertise to different projects to improve performance and robustness of solutions, assisting and coordinating work on difficult issues
- Involve on resolving specific technical challenges and design requirements for each project Milestone ensuring consistency across projects with regular progress reviews.
- Participate in review software requirement specification / design documents/ test specification, define software architecture, code implementation and validation review
- Maintain current and well informed know how on software engineering methodologies and technologies.
- Provide technical coaching and design guidance to engineers
- Involved in electronics development process improvement activities within Global Software team
- Bachelor Degree or higher in Electrical / Electronic Engineering / Computer Engineering, or related fields.
- Minimum 8 years of software experience in software design and development.
- Possess a good understanding of software development life cycles, basic electronics hardware, its interfacing to software systems
- Good knowledge of software requirement analysis, software architecture design, data structures, and algorithms etc.
- Knowledge of MPU/MCU architecture and its common peripherals
- Familiar with software development tools (emulators, debuggers, analysers, etc.) as well as configuration management tools and concepts.
- Proficiency in C and C++ programming language skills.
- Good experiences with UML.
- A team player with good communication and strong analytical skills.