Associate Project Manager - Graphics & Packaging
£Competitve + 27 Days Holiday + Pension + Bonus
Based in the UK Graphics and Packaging project team, the role is to project manage activity related to Product Packaging, Labelling and Graphics materials.
Working within a multi-disciplinary team including Creative, Copy, Studio, Packaging Design and Manufacturing Support functions, you play a key role in the team's deliverables, driving efficiency and quality improvement through all stages of development and production.
The role reports to the Graphics and Packaging Category Manager and is responsible for planning, managing and delivery of projects to production. The role is supporting a Graphics and Packaging Project Manager and working closely with a Coordinator in delivering materials to new product launches and driving current product change management. Key functions are: identifying and securing resource required, managing timings, artwork approvals, control of day-to-day priorities and ensuring all participating within the project are given clear direction on what they need to do and when. You will be working closely with your team and other project stakeholders, sharing information, mitigating risks, giving accurate project updates and ensuring you are up to date and invested in the team's long term goals.
The role forms a link between the Creative, RDD Engineering, Commercial Product Marketing, Standards Compliance and Production teams globally - resolving all the short term, day-to-day issues and managing long term project plans.
- Planning, project management and communication. When new projects come in, challenge them with your team. Ask questions, get involved, explore opportunities and think about how to tackle the challenge. Pro-actively engage, brief, encourage and motivate your project team to take on the task in hand.
- Support Graphics and Packaging Project Manager and wider Project team on new launches, and manage graphics and packaging change for the current product portfolio.
- Organize the construction of a schedule supporting your project, ensuring that Graphics and Packaging, Marketing/Commercial, Creative Services and Engineering milestones are aligned. Define different timelines, key input and outputs for each deliverable identified within your project.
- Set the goals and drivers from a production perspective. Establish Engineering, Marketing/Commercial and Creative key decision points and drive the project team to meet deadlines, ensuring robust schedules are in place.
- Ensure projects are briefed, planned, managed and approved to correct process. This role is responsible for ensuring all Graphics projects follow company processes driven by other departments within this business. This includes Engineering, Standards Compliance, Legal and IP processes.
- Drive graphics and packaging materials through the approval process proactively.
- Work with Graphics and Packaging Project Manager, Packaging designers, Creative teams, Print Production Controller and Change Management Coordinators to ensure that all print specifications are correct for purpose and on budget to the original project target and assembly specification.
- Make sure that each artwork item is checked for content and suitability. Proof-read copy, ensure that any changes to copy assets are clearly marked and briefed to Copy team. Ensure that print specs, graphics assets and mark-ups are clearly briefed to the Studio at the right time. Check all changes have been made in Studio on artworks and that they are set up correctly in the first place.
- Working closely with G&P Change Management Coordinators to track timely and cost effective release of graphics to production and to coordinate effective implementation of any graphics changes.
- Suitable for a Junior or Assistant Project Manager with experience in Graphics, Packaging or Print production.
- Experience of working in a production environment.
- Experience of driving a project team to deliver to defined and agreed schedules.
- Knowledge of a variety of print production processes.
- Good understanding of product design, development and engineering/manufacturing processes.
- Ability to handle multiple projects whilst still delivering on schedule.
- Innovator - always looking for new and different ways of doing things.
- Analytical - good problem solver; able to navigate complex processes and systems.
- Collaborator - gets the best out of all resources, builds strong relationships within the team and across the business.
- Driver - constantly reviews progress and finds ways to pre-empt and remove obstacles.
- Quality champion - aims for perfection and knows what details contribute to it.
- Communicator – able to tailor communication to the right audience, share the right information with the right people at the right time, be professional, clear and concise.