Atlassian System Administrator
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday + Bonus + Pension
The number of people using the Atlassian suite of tools in Dyson is growing steadily, with approximately 2000 active users. The use of Jira, Confluence and other tools within the Atlassian family is continually expanding to support an agile development model across all sectors of the business.
The Atlassian administrator is required to develop, configure & deliver the existing Atlassian toolsets used within Dyson, as well as additional applications & capability as these expand.
The successful applicant will work to deliver technical resolutions to issues & problems, improvements & enhancements, as well as delivering additional capabilities and applications to support the use of the Atlassian tools and applications within Dyson.
You will report to the Tools & Process technical lead, working closely with other members of the immediate team as well as other areas of the research department, IT, training and optimisation teams in the business.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Nearly 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. In 2017, our HQ will double its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
• Develop appropriate Atlassian templates as the development team’s needs grow and change
• Vetting new Atlassian feature ideas, configurations
• Develop scripts to automate ways to manage the system and links with other systems
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the Atlassian products, administration best practices and product licensing
• Support development team members to create a suitable collaborative and development environment throughout the project lifecycle
• Engaged in business level discussions to understand the system requirements and translate to technical requirements for capability and configuration of Atlassian
• Help to standardise Atlassian use throughout the organisation
• Demonstrable hands on Atlassian administration experience using JIRA, Confluence, Portfolio, HipChat, Bamboo
• Ability to document and communicate clearly
• A love of process and process automation
• Experience of software development and database querying/scripting
• Working knowledge of either Agile (Scrum, Kanban) or Waterfall methodologies
• Experience of working in Agile, Lean or Continuous Delivery teams
• Ability to communicate effectively with engineering & business stakeholders
• Self-starter and highly motivated