Atlassian Super User
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday + Bonus + Pension
The number of people using the Atlassian suite of tools in Dyson is growing steadily, with approximately 2000 active users. The use of Jira, Confluence and other tools within the Atlassian family is continually expanding to support an agile development model across all sectors of the business.
The Atlassian specialist is required to define and develop new solutions within the context of the product development & business processes as well as drive continuous improvement within existing processes and solutions.
The successful applicant will work to deliver world class technical solutions to issues & problems, improvements & enhancements, as well as delivering additional capabilities and applications to support the use of the Atlassian tools and applications within Dyson.
You will report to the Tools & Process technical lead, working closely with other members of the immediate team as well as other areas of the research department, IT, training and optimisation teams in the business.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Nearly 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. In 2017, our HQ will double its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
• Investigation, definition and management of Atlassian add-ons and integrations
• Take full end to end ownership of certain elements / business processes / capabilities within the Atlassian suite
• Ensure all configuration, testing, communication plans and documentation required is in place prior to releasing approved changes to production & training environments globally (UK, Malaysia, Singapore)
• Vetting new Atlassian feature ideas, configurations etc.
• Help develop scripts to automate ways to manage the system and links with other systems
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the Atlassian products, process best practices and obtain and maintain certification with the various Atlassian products
• Support development team members to create a suitable collaborative and development environment throughout the project life
• Engaged in business level discussions to understand the system requirements and translate to technical requirements for capability and configuration of Atlassian
• Drive the standardisation in the use of Atlassian within the business units
• Demonstrable Atlassian experience using JIRA, Confluence, Portfolio, HipChat, Bamboo
• Experience as a Developer is an advantage
• A love for process and the automation of them
• Experience with Java software programming and SQL database querying/scripting
• Working knowledge of either Agile, Scrum, Kanban or Waterfall methodologies
• Experience of working in Agile, Lean or Continuous Delivery teams
• Good communication and interpersonal skills • Self-starter and highly motivated