Business Development Executive – Mexico
Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
To develop and implement B2B sales and market development strategies for the Dyson Airblade™ Hand Dryer on Mexico, whilst driving sales and exceed targets.
Dyson is a global technology company. Using a desire to make things work better as a catalyst for invention, our team of 3,000 engineers and scientists are passionate about developing technology that solves the problems others often ignore. From the world’s first bagless vacuum cleaner, to hand dryers that use 420mph sheets of air to remove moisture from hands, to a completely re-thought hair dryer with its motor in the handle, we are relentless about engineering better solutions. Dyson spends $8.8million a week on research and development and works with more than 40 universities worldwide to develop early-stage technologies.
Dyson has made a name for itself in the US and Canada with superior technology and hungry team that wants to win. Mexico is the next battleground in the Americas. Are you in?
Develop, manage and find new distributor partners in Mexico
- Assess strengths and weaknesses in local distributors and implement strategies for success.
- Visit customer, specifications, and distributor outlets as part of planned visiting program based on KPI’s set by Regional Manager.
- Follow up and progress meetings utilizing Salesforce.com.
- Develop and progress a pipeline to deliver ongoing sales results.
- Actively work with existing and potential distributors to extend Dyson’s sales reach, by arranging joint visits with local distributors to their top clients.
- Arrange and deliver product demonstration sessions at distributor locations in order for their customers to experience Airblade and other Professional products first hand.
- Manage potential and actual channel conflict.
Generate market demand in designated territory by working as effectively and efficiently as possible
- Evaluate public visibility of product.
- Create and implement strategy of increasing public visibility of product.
- Assess local tradeshow opportunities and collaborate with marketing to maximize ROI of attending.
- Introduce product to potential new customers.
- Introduce product to potential influencers, especially architects and distributors.
- Introduce product to potential new key account end customers.
- Respond to any inquiries about product such as, but not limited to, quotes, technical specs, sales, distribution, and trade shows.
- Achievement of sales targets in terms of volume, revenue and contribution from the mass business market.
- Deliver effective sales meetings and presentations to a wide range of small and medium sized businesses.
- Maximize client facing time through effective calendar management of both proactive and reactive sales opportunities.
Drive sales in designated territory to exceed targets
- Build and maintain relationships with buyers, influencers, and distributors.
- Prospect, develop, and manage new business opportunities.
- Build pipeline of business large enough to drive sales targets.
- Negotiate and close orders within set parameters (pricing, terms and conditions, etc.).
- Expand customers from one-time purchasers to established, repeat business.
- Manage customer satisfaction with excellent account management.
- Deliver on revenue commitments.
- Use CRM effectively; recording all sales and service related activity and use the diary management functions to be as efficient as possible.
Execute supporting internal job requirements
- Accurately report on market conditions and forecasts as required on weekly and monthly terms.
- Provide succinct and timely feedback on specific accounts and overall territory performance to allow both strategic and tactical responses.
- Actively participate with regional team to actively discuss and share successful sales strategies as required to build a better team.
- Support colleagues to help them achieve their targets.
- Take initiatives to find new ways to succeed and help others to succeed.
- Openly communicate with team.
- Collaborate with core Dyson functions (marketing, logistics, legal, finance, etc.) to deliver on business objectives.
Fulfill other duties as required
- Relish the opportunities to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role.
- Ability to take initiative to think outside the box and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Identify problems and find solutions.
- Bachelor Degree required or 3 years relevant experience in lieu of degree required
- 1 year experience in a sales role required
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Full driver’s license with good driving record
- B2B experience strongly preferred
- Account Management experience required
- Proven success in sales prospecting, account management, and negotiation
- Experience selling sustainable or other building products to owners, contractors, or architects preferred
- Experience with cold calling, client presentations, and closing business
- Candidate’s home base in Mexico City or near is preferred.
- Ability to understand the Dyson brand and uphold its integrity
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong understanding of accounting, financial, and business transactions
- Self-starter who is comfortable developing sales and activity plans from inception through to completion.
- Ability to develop and build strong relationships especially with electrical distribution outlets
- A tenacious individual who is happy initiating new relationships, opening doors of large, complex organizations alongside smaller independent businesses
- An innovative thinker who enjoys learning and solving problems
- Enthusiastic, assertive, driven, dynamic and flexible
- Good understanding of B2B commercial business and strategies – especially regarding complex capital sales
- Ability to think strategically and develop long-term plans
- Ability to work from home and travel up to 75% of the time nationally, including overnight stays.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.