Miami, FL or Dallas, TX
Seeking a licensed cosmetologist with a sales management background.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Dyson has entered the beauty world with the most innovative hairdryer on the market – Supersonic. If you love beauty, innovation, sales and people, this role is for you!
We are seeking a passionate Zone Beauty Manager with a current cosmetology license to develop a comprehensive assisted sales program to bring our latest innovation to life through amazing in store demonstrations, events and education.
You will work with the Field Sales management team to ensure that our in store execution of Supersonic is first class.
The Zone Beauty Manager is responsible for building awareness, driving sales and leading a remote team of Stylists to demonstrate, educate and sell personal care by providing a premium customer experience across multiple retailers.
The schedule is Wednesday-Sunday with Monday and Tuesday off but can vary based upon the business needs.
Dyson landed in the US in 2002 and within 24 months our technology was market share leader. Our bustling HQ is based in the historic Montgomery Ward Building, overlooking the Chicago River. A few hours down the road in Aurora, our dedicated US Customer Care team now numbers 250 people. And in total, there are over 600 Dyson people working across the US in multiple functions.
But Dyson US is still growing. It’s poised to double its footprint and take on new categories. Already a target for our competitors, challenging times are ahead. And our battle-hungry US team are truly fired up.
Our Retail Sales teams epitomise the entrepreneurial spirit that has defined Dyson since day one: ambitious, commercially savvy, and strategically agile. We work with some of the world’s biggest retailers, implementing the most profitable long term business plans and driving innovative ways to put our technology into more hands. It requires managing multiple networks of Dyson people. And overseeing many different retail areas – from instore fixtures to online activation. It takes ownership, courage and tough negotiations. Being constantly driven to see clearer solutions and drive better sales.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES AND SUPPORTING ACTIVITIES:
Identify and recruit the right talent for the Stylist positions
- Assist in recruiting the right Stylists through networking, distributing recruiting materials to potential candidates, job fairs and beauty events where applicable
- Partner with recruiting team to assure the most qualified candidates are being sourced
- Drive the hiring and on-boarding processes through regular communication with new Stylists
- Partner with the National Beauty Training Team to ensure the Dyson global vision is being communicated to all new hires
Lead the team by motivating and inspiring them to achieve all program goals
- Develop a remote team of Stylists to deliver excellent results through consistent teaching, support, feedback and effective performance management as required
- Orchestrate and conduct new-hire induction training classes using company designed programs
- Deliver in-field training to newly hired Stylists
- Set an example for the team to model with superior demonstration and selling skills
- Champion in store consumer interaction and represent all aspects of Dyson brand, culture, and passion for technology; work in-field with Stylists and retail partners on weekends
- Effectively communicate expectations and results to foster continuous improvement through spot checks, conference calls, team meetings and trainings
Drive sales through effective scheduling of in-store demonstrations based on national and regional initiatives
- Manage Stylists schedules through online reporting system, ensuring they are aligned with national and regional initiatives
- Partner with the Field Sales management team to identify and capitalize on all demonstration and event opportunities
- Identify additional demonstration opportunities across the district, working closely with the Zone Management Team to determine where, when, and how the team will be deployed
- Monitor and evaluate Stylists sales performance at various retail locations
- Ensure Stylists are providing accurate feedback on activities in a timely manner
- Work with Sell through team and store managers to ensure that demonstrations are in the most optimal locations in-store and point of purchase materials are within Dyson standards
- Negotiate incremental placement for premium execution within ideal traffic areas at each retail location for maximum sell through potential
- Work with all retail partners to build a continuous education training program within the Zone to further extend the brand and it representation.
Fulfill other duties as required
- Work with the Zone Director to identify the right markets where Stylists are needed to grow the business
- Embrace change and grow workforce to meet demanding business needs
- Think creatively and identify opportunities to challenge and deliver excellence
- Identify gaps and opportunities, and find solutions
- Track and maintain expenses according to set budgetary guidelines
- Attend regular sales meetings as required
- Full driver's license with good driving record (company car) in line with company policy
- Ability to lift, push and pull (potentially overhead) up to 35lbs
- Ability to stand on your feet for long periods of time
- Ability to work a schedule that includes every weekend
- Depending on geographic requirements, ability to travel up to 75%, including overnights.
Experience and Education
· Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
· 3+ years of remote team management experience required; retail sales management a plus
· Demonstrated history of increased responsibility and leadership in prior positions
· Proven negotiation and analytical skills with professional business acumen
· Knowledge of the beauty & prestige industry
· Licensed cosmetologist required
· Multi-Unit experience preferred
· Proven leadership skills including the ability to motivate, inspire and influence people
· Ability to build strong business relationships
· Exceptional communication skills - Written and verbal skills - able to communicate at all levels of the business
· Excellent organizational and planning skills
· Presentation skills – able to present confidently in front of a varied audiences.
· Ability to manage a budget and prioritize
· Ability to work in a fast paced and challenging environment
· Ability to represent the Dyson brand and uphold its integrity in a polished and professional manner
· Attention to detail and accuracy
· Strong analytical skills
· Proven ability to lead and motivate a team to achieve results
· Must have professional demeanor
· Strong organizational skills with an ability to delegate and multi-task
· Professional and polished communication, presentation and training skills
· Highly proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
· Ability to work remotely in an efficient and productive manner
· Remote Management skills
· Customer focus
· People and team focus
· Sales driven
· Adaptable/Flexible – able to multi task
· Approachable and collaborative
· Self-motivated and accountable
Dyson US monitors the market to make sure we offer competitive salaries and retirement plans. But financial rewards are just the start of a successful career at Dyson. Professional growth and new opportunities are driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a dress code reflecting our creative engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to email@example.com or call (312) 706-2260(312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities