£Competitive, benefits include - 27 Days Holiday + Bonus + Pension
This role sits within the Chassis team of our automotive function
Malmesbury is tucked away in countryside famous for the landmarks of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. A charming Wiltshire market town doesn’t sound like the place to develop world leading technology, but it’s just right for us. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent–minded.
As part of the £2.5 billion investment, Dyson acquired a 650 acre plot in Hullavington. This former Royal Air Force base, just five miles from Dyson HQ, will increase our UK footprint tenfold. We’ll be turning old hangars into futuristic labs and workspaces – creating a campus to rival those in Silicon Valley.
We’ve begun work on a battery electric vehicle – that’s no secret. It has remained our ambition to solve the worldwide problem of air pollution for nearly 30 years. Now that we have the ability to bring all our technologies together into a single product, we’re able to solve this problem at the source. For now, it’s all about finding the right people to make it all happen for 2020.
An engineer is required to design and develop advanced braking systems. Specifically you will
- create a functional specification and DVP of braking systems (foundation, actuation, ABS, EPB, ESC etc)
- work with suppliers as the intelligent customer to ensure delivery to specification, timing, cost and weight
- work with CAD engineers to develop your ideas
- whole vehicle evaluation, benchmarking
- subjective and objective assessment
- graduate degree in mechanical engineering
- experience equivalent to minimum 2 years in whole vehicle test or development
- subjective and objective data collection and analysis
- full UK driving license
- experience in automotive braking systems
- ESP, ABS, EPB, foundation or actuation
- understanding of brake characteristics eg squeal, judder, groan, fade etc
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition