Finance Analyst - Retail
Competitive + Bonus + Onsite Gym
To deliver robust and insightful analysis of performance in the Great Britain, Ireland and Nordics (GBI&N) Retail Business by working closely with the Retail Customer Account Managers to identify opportunities to improve delivery of key KPIs.
As Dyson’s most established market, GB&I&N provides unique challenges to our growth. We thrive on confronting these head on: developing new categories, stronger claims, more targeted marketing and more engaging retail environments to fight off tough competition. It builds great camaraderie and cross-team support – and motivates us to set increasingly ambitious targets.
1. Maintain, and where appropriate, develop key business intelligence for the GBI&N business and cost centre managers
- Build deep and comprehensive understanding of the key drivers in the GBI&N Business with a particular focus on Retail Sales.
- Provide analysis of monthly gross margin and variances in relation to forecast
- Produce and publish timely and succinct key insights for GBI&N Account Managers and influence decision making
- Assist in the maintaining of the key reporting tools used in the Retail Sales Team
- Support the Cost Centre Managers in delivery of key operational projects through timely completion of business case analysis
2. Partner the Customer Business Managers and support the management of trade promotions process
- Have a key role in managing the trade promotions process and reporting systems
- Work collaboratively with finance colleagues in AR and AP to support the end to end process of trade promotions
- Ensure cost control and purchase order compliance is maintained
- Analyse return on investment on marketing activities, helping the business understand where to invest to drive the greatest return
- Identify improvements in the trade promotions process and develop new ways of working where appropriate
3. Assist and support in financial reporting for the wider GB&IN market
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and forecasts on a monthly, annual and ad-hoc basis
- Support month end journal preparation and postings for promotional investment
The successful candidate will have very strong Excel skills including pivot tables, lookups; a strong track record of analysis in a business and financial environment; with a strong track record of project delivery.
Ideally you will be Part / Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with experience of SAP coupled with strong analytical skills and conversant with market research and data sources.
The competencies we’re looking for include:
- Good customer and cross functional interface capabilities
- Good communication and team skills
- Attention to detail without losing bigger picture
- Objective, enthusiastic, committed, flexible.
- Ability to work in a multi-functional environment and manage a number of stakeholders.
- Ability to deliver under pressure and to tight deadlines whilst maintaining quality