This role will be responsible for all scheduling, forecasting, call volume monitoring, and staffing level analyses for 100+ Customer Experience Specialists call center. We are looking for a strong Workforce Manager who will be able to simultaneously focus on the long- and short-term strategy and the day-to-day management.
Dyson moved US customer care operations from Chicago to a dedicated $1.5 million contact center in nearby Aurora during 2012. The 14,000 sq. ft building provides an acoustically engineered open-plan environment, including space for our 250 Dyson experts to disassemble machines while on support calls. Our Customer Service team epitomizes Dyson’s problem-solving ethos. There’s no query our Ask Dyson teams can’t answer. And there’s no fault our Field Service engineers can’t fix.
Driven to turn owners into passionate advocates of the brand, our team makes each experience rewarding. It requires in-depth knowledge and genuine passion for Dyson technology. So we never miss an opportunity to talk about Dyson’s latest machines – and frequently sell products as well as solve problems. From letters and emails, to calls, online and social media, our team is constantly evolving to give better service.
Main Accountabilities and Supporting activities:
- Create mid- and short-term tactical forecasts.
- Perform analysis on metrics to make scheduling recommendations to management, appropriate to call volume projections, to achieve service level goals
- Monitor call queues and make adjustments based on seasonal variations, special events, or other cyclical patterns that impact call volume
- Achieve a goal of 95% forecast accuracy
- Partners with call center supervisors and managers to ensure appropriate staffing is in place and contingency plans are created to overcome operational challenges
- Publish agent schedules 2 weeks out (or as required).
· Make staffing recommendations that support team goals and initiatives, while maintaining high levels of performance
- Find the best balance between business needs and agent schedules/time off/activities.
- Oversee shift bid (working with Workforce Manager) as needed
- Take ownership of time-off requests from all Customer Service Agents to generate consistency and create strategic schedules.
- Lead overtime initiatives to make sure that we are staffing the business throughout peak times and staffing within budget throughout the year.
- Design and assist Workforce Manager with reporting needs, requests, ad-hoc reports, and running daily/weekly/monthly reports with the Workforce team as needed.
- Create and maintain metrics related to forecasting, call center statistics, capacity planning and scheduling
- Collaborate with Workforce team to monitor agent behaviors real-time, making recommendations and addressing issues as they arise
- Report out real-time issues through standard reporting
· Partner with other departmental Supervisors, Quality and Training team, and management to communicate, monitor, enforce all policies, practices, and procedures uniformly and ensure alignment, along with driving best practices and operationally fit processes and procedures.
Fulfill other duties as required
- Relish opportunities to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Fix things that need fixing; identify problems and find solutions
Experience and Education
· Ability to understand the Dyson brand and uphold its integrity
· Strong written and verbal communication history including the ability to articulate ideas clearly and concisely in a variety of settings, adjusting the message to suit the audience.
· Proven success in analytical and conceptual thinking situations including solid financial management experience.
· Proven ability to motivate, inspire, and educate a growing team in an ever-changing business environment.
· Proven ability to successfully collaborate cross-functionally to achieve business objectives.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule when needed, which may include evening and weekend support.
· In-depth knowledge of call management systems and workforce management systems.
· Intermediate-level user of the following MS Office programs required: Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
· Ability to quickly learn and adapt to advanced Microsoft Excel files
Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities