Business Analyst - Supply Chain
Business Analysts support across multiple Guilds and Tribes (functional areas and projects) defining process and assuring the design of smart technology solutions in support of Dyson’s strategic objectives.
The role may require foreign travel for periods of 1-4 weeks to support the roll-out of projects in international subsidiaries
In 2000, Dyson moved production from Malmesbury to Malaysia to be closer to our supply chains and open up international growth. The small team of 10 has now grown to almost 1,200 – forming Dyson’s second biggest global hub. Located in the exhilarating industrial heart of Johor, it’s also home to RDD, IT, operations, finance, creative and HR.
Dyson’s secrets are worth billions. Protecting the business on a global scale – from day to day malware to the most advanced cyber spying – is a 24/7 assignment. Our IT Security team thrives on the challenge – keeping a constant look out, collaborating internationally and across the business, and adapting rapidly to threats. Ultimately it takes the right people, as well as right technology, to protect Dyson: tenacious, resilient and inventive enough to stay one step ahead. The reward is an enlivening environment on the cutting edge of IT security. A career full of diverse opportunities.
• Business processes definition – including Sprint planning and GAP analysis for post go live delivery
• Business change – working with local stakeholders to identify business changes as a result of projects and ensure the changes are fed to the Project Management/ Group Stakeholders network to co-ordinate their delivery through the release
• Interfaces – identify and work with the development stream to specify and develop necessary interfaces, and testing with appropriate 3rd parties or internal teams
• Testing – work with business stakeholders and Test Team to define test scenarios and ensure effective testing
• Training – write and enhance training material for changes required as a result of enhancing the common template, and deliver training sessions to end users
• Data migration & cutover – work with the I.T. team and GDM team to ensure data changes are understood. Support the data migration & cutover activities
• Continue to improve existing functionality as part of a BAU approach using User stories and Change Definition Documents
- Experience of the Sales, Supply Chain / Logistics and Planning, with operational use of software from a leading ERP vendor (ideally SAP)
Experience of project delivery / business change within the Sales, Supply Chain / Logistics and Planning operational areas
Reviewing business processes and motivated by improving those business processes
Identifying areas for system improvement
Working with an IT team to turn business requirements into system specifications
Create effective test plans to be passed to a test team for completion
Handover / knowledge transfer / training to business users
Process focus and detail orientated
Strong written skills
Ability to communicate complex ideas simply
PC literate, experience of Microsoft Office especially MS Word and PowerPoint
Experience of presenting on a 1:1 basis and to groups
Determined to identify solutions and prepared to overcome obstacles to follow through plans to completion; focussed on delivery
Appreciation of the role of systems within business operations
- Working knowledge of SAP: APO, SD, MM,
- Working in cross-functional teams
- Working in multi-national / multi-lingual teams
- Understanding of the impact of major change
Key experience required:
- Strong attention to detail; ability to perform duties with a high level of accuracy.
- Able to produce creative solutions from basic concepts.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
- Experience of working using an Agile methodology
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.