- The requirement of the BA will be to work with all of the commercial teams, and across different programme workstreams, to turn their aims into requirements / product roadmap as User Stories - with clear acceptance criteria and understood value.
- The user stories then need to be sized by business value and business priority before being prioritisied by the Product Owner and taken into Sprint planning.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
As part of the MADE (Marketing Analytics Data Environment) transformation programme we are creating a data environment to support data-driven marketing capabilities. By ingesting data from multiple data providers we can gather insight and activate more relevant communications across Paid, Owned and Earned media.
- Reporting to the Programme Manager, support the business including Owner Experience, Data strategy/Services and Data Environment teams in capturing and documenting their aims as requirements / User Stories for the MADE programme
- Work with the business leads to define the business acceptance criteria for each Epic and Story adhering to agile principles
- Ensure that Stories are sized by business value and business priority
- Align the requirements for the programme and align the product dependencies
- Assist the team in Product Backlog prioritisation and grooming
- Write clear, concise and understandable Stories which are easily understood by the development team, clearly defining the business value and providing product perspective for the development team
- Work with the Product Owner to agree KPIs and what success looks like on all projects and help ensure we deliver against those
- Proven business analysis experience - in particular in documenting the business and IT requirements in an Agile project (JIRA)
- Writing good quality Epics and Stories with clear business acceptance criteria – ‘INVEST’
- Proven experience working on big data environments & data driven marketing projects (MI & BI) as a Product Owner or Business Analyst
- Experience in working with data driven programmes that activate communication across Media, Social and CRM
- Strong experience working in an Agile delivery environment with distributed teams
- Proven experience in creating good quality documentation for projects that span business / big data environments
- Experience in the field of campaign management & customer relationship management (CRM) Skills
- A self-starter working in a fast paced and changing working environment
- Good interpersonal & communications skills who can quickly build strong and influential relationships across a broad team of Business and IT focused individuals
- Competent in the use of JIRA to support the programme
- Willing and able to get hands on when necessary
Dyson offers competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.