Our Singapore story began in 2004 and today we have more than 1000 people working here. At the beginning of 2017 we opened our new, state of the art, Singapore Technology Centre in Science Park I, minutes from Singapore’s technology and start-up community. This new Technology Centre houses some of Dyson’s most advanced facilities including Robotics and Sensors laboratories and Smart Home, Connectivity & Mobile Applications laboratories as well as an Advanced Control Tower with the latest technology to develop its analytics-driven activities.
Not too far away is West Park, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
Dyson IT are mid-transformation. Our aim, to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
Reporting to the Business Analyst Lead, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting analysis activity in order to elicit requirements and inform business decisions.
- Supporting the implementation of information system and enhancements in line with business need and aiding benefits realisation.
- Investigating, analysing and reviewing project or business documentation.
- Supporting the definition of requirements for improving processes and systems.
- Supporting the creation and iteration of acceptance criteria in preparation for the deployment of information and communication systems.
- Producing business models and assisting in the development of business cases.
- Working independently or collaboratively on complex situations and tasks.
- Providing specialist advice on subject to multiple stakeholders on complex issues.
- Acting as a role model and/or coach to Associate Business Analysts.
Business analysis - BUAN
- Investigates operational requirements, problems, and opportunities, seeking effective business solutions through improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes. Assists in the analysis of stakeholder objectives, and the underlying issues arising from investigations into business requirements and problems, and identifies options for consideration. Works iteratively with stakeholders, to identify potential benefits and available options for consideration, and in defining acceptance tests.
Requirements definition and management - REQM
- Defines scope and business priorities for small-scale changes and may assist in larger scale scoping exercises. Elicits and discovers requirements from operational management and other stakeholders. Selects appropriate techniques for the elicitation of detailed requirements taking into account the nature of the required changes, established practice and the characteristics and culture of those providing the requirements. Specifies and documents business requirements as directed, ensuring traceability back to source. Analyses them for adherence to business objectives and for consistency, challenging positively as appropriate. Works with stakeholders to prioritise requirements.
Business Modelling – BSMO
- Conversant with techniques covering full range of modelling situations. Models current and desired scenarios as directed. Selects appropriate modelling techniques for meeting assigned objectives. Gains agreement from subject matter experts to models produced. Reviews resulting models with stakeholders and gains resolution to resultant issues.
Data Analysis – DTAN
- Applies data analysis, data modelling, and quality assurance techniques, based upon a detailed understanding of business processes, to establish, modify or maintain data structures and associated components (entity descriptions, relationship descriptions, attribute definitions). Advises database designers and other application development team members on the details of data structures and associated components.
- 2+ years relevant practical working experience.
- Relevant professional qualifications. (Preferably Practitioner Certificate in Business Analysis Practice or Practitioner Certificate in Requirements Engineering)
- Experience with selecting appropriate techniques to accomplish business analysis tasks in different conditions.
- Knowledge requirements will depend on the area the BA is deployed in; i.e. a BA embedded into a finance team may require SME finance or system knowledge. Once embedded, will typically demonstrate good Domain and/or System knowledge inside own area. Minimal Domain and/or System knowledge outside of own area.
- Awareness of the wide range of activities performed by BAs.
- Ability to cope with complex cases through deliberate analysis and planning.
- Able to take on less complicated work without supervision.