Business Development Executive - New England/Upstate New York
Greater Boston Area / Location Flexible
Develop and manage channel partners in designated territory, including National Distribution partners
Assess strengths and weaknesses in local and regional distributors and implement strategies for success.
Visit customer, specifications, and distributor outlets as part of planned visiting program based on KPI’s set by General Manager.
Obtain and deliver one or more CEU courses monthly.
Follow up and progress meetings utilizing Salesforce.com.
Develop and progress a pipeline to deliver ongoing sales results.
Obtain and manage distribution displays created by Dyson’s marketing team.
Actively work with existing and potential distributors to extend Dyson’s sales reach, by arranging joint visits with local distributors to their top clients.
Arrange and deliver product demonstration sessions at distributor locations in order for their customers to experience Airblade first hand.
Manage potential and actual channel conflict.
Generate market demand in designated territory by working as effectively and efficiently as possible
- Evaluate public visibility of product.
- Create and implement strategy of increasing public visibility of product.
Assess local tradeshow opportunities and collaborate with marketing to maximize ROI of attending.
Introduce product to potential new customers.
Introduce product to potential influencers, especially architects and distributors.
Respond to any inquiries about product such as, but not limited to, quotes, technical specs, sales, distribution, and trade shows.
- Achievement of sales targets in terms of volume, revenue and contribution from the mass business market.
- Deliver effective sales meetings and presentations to a wide range of small and medium sized businesses, through pre-booked and ad-hoc meetings.
- Maximize client facing time through effective calendar management of both proactive and reactive sales opportunities.
Drive sales in designated territory to exceed targets
- Build and maintain relationships with buyers, influencers, and distributors.
- Prospect, develop, and manage new business opportunities.
- Build pipeline of business large enough to drive sales targets.
- Negotiate and close orders within set parameters (pricing, terms and conditions, etc.).
- Expand customers from one-time purchasers to established, repeat business.
- Manage customer satisfaction with excellent account management.
- Deliver on revenue commitments.
- Use CRM effectively; recording all sales and service related activity and use the diary management functions to be as efficient as possible.
Experience and Education
Skills and Competencies
· Bachelor Degree required or 3 years relevant experience in lieu of degree required.
· 1 year experience in a sales role
· B2B experience strongly preferred
· Account Management experience required
· Proven success in sales prospecting, account management, and negotiation
· Experience selling sustainable or other building products to owners, contractors, or architects preferred
· Experience with cold calling, client presentations, and closing business
· Candidate’s home base in Northern California
· Ability to understand the Dyson brand and uphold it’s integrity
· Strong communication and presentation skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
· Strong understanding of accounting, financial, and business transactions
· Self starter who is comfortable developing sales and activity plans from inception through to completion.
· Ability to develop and build strong relationships especially with electrical distribution outlets
· A tenacious individual who is happy initiating new relationships, opening doors of large, complex organizations alongside smaller independent businesses
· An innovative thinker who enjoys learning and solving problems
· Enthusiastic, assertive, driven, dynamic and flexible
· Good understanding of B2B commercial business and strategies – especially regarding complex capital sales
· Ability to think strategically and develop long-term plans
· Understanding of basic channel conflict management
· Ingenious - An innovative yet objective thinker
· Explorer - Demonstrates a ‘can do’ / entrepreneurial attitude
· Shrewd - Ability to deliver projects in full, on time and to the highest quality
· Fighter – driven to get the best result. Challenges themselves and others.