Business Development Executive - Ottawa
Competitive salary + bonus + car
What you'll be doing
As an assertive, tenacious and self-motivated Business Development Executive, you will initiate new relationships, work alongside existing dealers to manage current and future clients, and achieve profitable sales volumes.
Dyson is a global technology company. Using a desire to make things work better as a catalyst for invention, our team of 3,000 engineers and scientists are passionate about developing technology that solves the problems others often ignore. Our Dyson Professional technology offerings include hand dryers, lighting, air purifiers, and hair dryers.
Dyson is about solving problems that others seem to ignore. And we’re just getting started. You could be part of it!
Specifically, you will –
- Develop and maintain our dealer network in Eastern Ontario, including delivering product trainings and participating in joint sales calls with dealers as a product expert
- Develop new channels of business, including participating in trade shows and PR events and speaking in front of various audiences
- Initiate and manage relationships with architecture and design firms to encourage them to specify Airblade™ hand dryers and lighting products in new building projects.
- Develop and implement account-specific business plans, and conduct regular business plan reviews
- Build reliable and accurate sales forecasts, orders and other ad-hoc management reports
What we are looking for -
A persistent, driven and engaging professional who –
- Has a university degree and 2-3 years of sales experience with an excellent track record of achievements and strong client relationship management skills
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication skills in both French and English (spoken and written)
- Has a valid driver’s license, good driving record, and ability to travel within the territory
- Is comfortable with travel being an essential part of this job
- Has developed professional and effective interpersonal, communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Is comfortable with public speaking, presenting technology, and interacting with industry experts
- May have prior experience working in property management and/or lighting industries (this will be considered and asset but is not a requirement)
- May have experience working with salesforce.com (also an asset but is not a requirement)
- Is able to lift, push and pull up to 30 lbs