Business Development Manager - Taiwan/Hong Kong (based in Hong Kong)
Base + performance based bonus + competitive benefits
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is a key position within the team and is responsible for growing our brand and sales in the market and across all channels by collaborating and building strategic plans with our distribution and retail partners.
This role will focus mainly on the Taiwan market, with some exposure to Hong Kong market, and will report into the Head of Sales (based in Hong Kong). The role also works cross functionally with internal Dyson teams (Marketing, Finance and Operations).
Asia is a key region for Dyson, the growth engine for the future. Within that, Korea, Taiwan and Hong Kong (North Asia) represent a significant contribution to this growth and even though we are the market leader across many of our categories, there are big unexploited opportunities for growth.
The North Asia markets has been growing at +30-50% annually over the last 2 years, and we’re looking for ambitious and talented people to join us and continue to drive similar levels of growth over the next 5 years.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES (and supporting activities):
Deliver sales results (volume and revenue) and profit.
Create action plans to deliver annual plans.
Drive effective channel strategies and range strategies with distributors to maximise and optimise Dyson profitably in line with market goals.
Work with the Marketing, PR and Finance Teams to make integrated business plans for growth.
Responsible for delivering monthly sales volumes and communicating to the Asia management team and wider business any changes to budget, target and forecast.
Develop and implement joint business planning across major retailers in each market
Train and up-skill the capability of the sales and demonstrator team to increase effectiveness and rate of sale per store – driving best practise across the region.
Drive distributor sales planning processes to increase forecasting accuracy and ensure monthly delivery of results
Take the fight for product leadership to competitors and exploit fully our technological advantages
Monitor competitor activity, report and develop activity to counter their impact and roll out expediently.
Measure and increase in-store compliance to ensure the Dyson experience is best in class for consumer goods.
Work with Group to identify trends and develop strategies to outperform the competition
Lead the fight against copycats and those infringing Dyson IP.
Develop a deep understanding of Dyson’s retailers and their objectives
Conduct regular meetings with key contacts within the trade to ensure customer account plans are on track.
Annual top to top meetings between Dyson senior personnel and key customers.
Work effectively with key functions in Dyson to promote the regions sales objectives.
Manage the approvals process
Ensure contract implementation is adhered to and terms are observed.
Fulfil other duties as required
Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
Fix things that you can see need fixing
Identify problems and find solutions.
· Commercial – minimum 5 years of sales/BD experience, ideally in Taiwan market
· Proven delivery of sales results – independent sales responsibility for either a large retailer/ distributor, or experience is leading sales team in a territory for a mid-sized company.
· Managing premium international brands.
· High level experience of customer negotiations and distributor management.
· Implementation and roll out of retail training programmes.
· FMCG sales background or technology sales background.
· Strong Sales skills, in working with distributors and selling to consumers.
· Selling high end products, which have significant premium vs. the market.
· Methodical business planning capability.
· High level of communication skills both verbal and written.
· Excellent team leadership abilities.
· Ability to influence at all levels.
· Excellent personal and business presentation skills.
· Strong team player capable of building and motivating teams.
· Performance management of sales team to drive results.
· Decisive and excellent influencer.
· Self starter who sees things to completion.
· Entrepreneurial flair.
· Energetic, engaging and positive approach.
· Assertive, prepared to see through plans and overcome objections.
· Intelligent, quick-thinking, alert.
· Calm, logical, comfortable with all levels.
· Results driven.
· Excellent English is a must, with Mandarin (for TW) and Cantonese (for HK).